Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Front end lean

X-Runner_R1

Reaction score
So i took my truck to get a front end alignment and i told the tech that the front end had a lean to it. It was 1/2" to an 1" lower on the driver side than on the passenger side. He said he would check it out while he aligned it and see if there was an adjustment for that. I went to go pick it up earlier and he told me there was no adjustment for it that that's how it was from factory he guessed? I never noticed it before until i had to take the truck in for an alignment yesterday. Is this something all XR's have or am i just the lucky one out of the bunch?

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
"Taco Lean"
Driver, battery, and gas tank are all on the same side.
All that extra weight makes the truck lean/lower on that side.

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
There is the taco lean, but I had the same problem. Do you have a drop on the truck? SS or SOS? If you removed the shock mount and put it in, you might have put it in wrong. Check the 3 studs that stick out of the shock mount. Make sure the longer of the 3 is facing towards the back of the truck. Believe it or not, that fixes the problem.

RE_TRD_X808

Reaction score
There is the taco lean, but I had the same problem. Do you have a drop on the truck? SS or SOS? If you removed the shock mount and put it in, you might have put it in wrong. Check the 3 studs that stick out of the shock mount. Make sure the longer of the 3 is facing towards the back of the truck. Believe it or not, that fixes the problem.
Hmmmm.. interesting... right now the longer stud is facing foward on mines with the SS springs and i have the lean... by putting the longer stud to face the back of the truck, do it drop or raise it?:hmmmm2:

Murderface

Reaction score
Thats funny mine has the longer stud facing in towards the engine. Been like that since brand new, both sides actually.
So ur saying to change the shock mount so that the longer stud is facing towards the back of the truck and this will fix taco lean on a stock suspension?

rich017

Reaction score
Taco Lean or A bad coil spring.

Only things I could think of it to be

sinister07

Reaction score
Mine is still sittin stock and I don't have a lean...not a noticeable one at least

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
Hmmmm.. interesting... right now the longer stud is facing foward on mines with the SS springs and i have the lean... by putting the longer stud to face the back of the truck, do it drop or raise it?:hmmmm2:

Thats funny mine has the longer stud facing in towards the engine. Been like that since brand new, both sides actually.
So ur saying to change the shock mount so that the longer stud is facing towards the back of the truck and this will fix taco lean on a stock suspension?

Well, my passenger side long stud was facing towards the back of the truck, and the driver side was facing towards the motor. My driver side was significantly lower. Also couldn't get into spec. Passenger side always got into spec. My tire wear was BAD on my driver side. After 2 years, we realized it wasn't the same on both sides so we pulled up the stock shock mount info from Toyota, and that's how they did it stock. We removed the shock mount from the drivers side and twisted the shock mount hat around until the longer stud was facing towards the back. VOILA!!! Made the truck even and was able to get the truck into spec.

I still to this day can't believe that solves the problem. Again, I have the SOS drop. I'm guessing since it's the whole mount that it would be the same with SS. It's worth a try.

If you're thinking of moving them to lower the truck, I don't advise that since you won't be able to get it into spec. It will be maxed out and still not to spec...just FYI.

Mine is still sittin stock and I don't have a lean...not a noticeable one at least

Try fill your tank with gas and then look at it. You'll see it a little.

Last edited:

DustyXRunner

Reaction score
i have the sos drop and could never get the aligment into spec? i will have to look at the way i put every thing back together. lol.

xr_sky1ine3

Reaction score
seriously chris??? thats all you gotta do??? i went in and thought it was my coils so i ordered a new set from shane hopin that would solve the problem but i still didnt receive the coils and i got the email saying that it was shipped on july 1! thankss man! :top: what about the taco lean in the rear? and the rear axel sticking out to much to the right.. what do u recommend?

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
seriously chris??? thats all you gotta do??? i went in and thought it was my coils so i ordered a new set from shane hopin that would solve the problem but i still didnt receive the coils and i got the email saying that it was shipped on july 1! thankss man! :top: what about the taco lean in the rear? and the rear axel sticking out to much to the right.. what do u recommend?

The rear is something you can't fix. Gas tank will weight the drivers side down. As for the axel fix, just shift the bed. The beds are sometimes over too much.

sinister07

Reaction score
I do think my bed is sticking out further on drivers. I need to adjust mine. As for the lean i will check it out on a full tank...

X-Runner_R1

Reaction score

Nope it's all stock right now, but i'll check it out and let you know what i find.

Top Bottom