Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Fuel Pump Install ?

XRnRElite77

Reaction score
does anyone know what size strap wrench i need for the retainer clip on the fuel tank?

Were installing this weekend and toyota wanted $125 to rent the tool needed, HOW DO THEY SLEEP AT NIGHT!!!!! LOL :motz:

Anyway there is a northern tool and harbor freight like 5 min away so i will buy one for 10 bucks lol

thanks

Steven

Coupe

Reaction score
I tapped it out with a screwdriver and a hammer.

rich017

Reaction score
We did one at the Crestview meet back on 08 and broke a belt and a strap wrench getting it off.

It's pretty hard to get off

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
A big flat blade like Coupe said, and a hammer. Mark where you start, and light tap until it starts moving

Coupe

Reaction score
A big flat blade like Coupe said, and a hammer. Mark where you start, and light tap until it starts moving

That's a good tip Mark. Use a magic marker to mark the cover relative to the tank. When you go to screw it back on, you know where to stop.

Coupe

Reaction score
Here are a few pics, that may help.

APRX1147.jpg

APRX1151.jpg

XRnRElite77

Reaction score
thanks coupe that helps alot, thanks for all the good info, cant wait till thursday when x-1 goes in and then friday i get a lil whooosh noise lol

Top Bottom