Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gas milage

davesX

Reaction score
figured I would let you guys know what I tried... went down to parts store last week and bought some lucas deep clean fuel system cleaner, filled up with 89 octane (which is what normally use). I gained 17 mpg, and I didn't baby it I drove like I normally do, get on it when I want but not every time I leave the stop light... maybe this will help some of you guys that are starting to lose mpg...

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
It sucks............ If I was looking for gas mileage when I got the XR. I don't think I would have purchase it. Learn to live with it. We pay 4.75 /gal up my way for regular and 5.35 for 93 octane.

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
I gained 17 mpg, and I didn't baby it I drove like I normally do, get on it when I want but not every time I leave the stop light... maybe this will help some of you guys that are starting to lose mpg...

Wow... I'd buy it if I could gain 17 mpg! :rolleyez:

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
yeah thats what i use too i never get any gains except for the first time i used it....but i use it every time i do my oil change so i guess it only works once lol anyway its always good to have a clean fuel system :top:

X_Less

Reaction score
You gained 17MPG? or got 17MPG?... If you gained 17MPG, You must have been getting like 2MPG before that and you must have been using nothing but crappy gas.

I get between 17-19MPG, Depending on how I drive... I used to work for Autozone and we always had that lucas crap on sale that we HAD to force on customers. They called it the Check Out Challenge. And the we always had to be the best in our district and other stores HAVE to be competitive or you'd get fired.

I actually had chemists come in and look at the crap and pointed it has no cleaning agents in the forumla. Since I and some friends had to sell XX amount per day, When they were coming to the end of their shift and didn't make their quota I would buy 1 or 2 so they wouldn't get into trouble. It did nothing to either my truck or impala.

madtrucker

Reaction score
I get 12.5 mpg. You guys are upsetting me with your "I get 17 miles to the gallon."

driftguy92

Reaction score
I was getting about 17-18 but after my CAI it slowly creeped up to 19. About 75% highway driving at 65mph so im happy.

davesX

Reaction score
sorry bout that typo I gained 17 miles on tank .... my bad.. I normally get 350 miles to tank and I got 367 this time after I used the lucas... I get on average 19.5 mpg.. and that's 65 mph mostly highway

Top Bottom