Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Getting a P0136 code

micpun

Reaction score
Hey guys I keep getting a P0136 code on my OBD II with the X-1. When I looked it up its said

"Essentially the same as P0137, a P0136 code refers to the second Bank 1. The O2 oxygen sensor produces a voltage between .1 mV and .9 mV. The ECM monitors O2 sensor voltage and determines if exhaust is lean or rich. O2 sensor voltage is high when exhaust is rich and low when exhaust is lean. The ECM monitors this voltage and increases or decreases
pulsewidth according to fuel/air ratio. If the ECM detects low HO2Sensor voltage for an extended period, it will set P0136 Conditions required to set: HO2 sensor voltage is low for longer than 2 minutes (minutes depend on model of vehicle. Could be up to 4 minutes)"
on

I thought the x-1 is supposed to stop the CEL for this?

lamecargo

Reaction score
i would check your o2 sensor wires for any sign of damage

lamecargo

Reaction score
the most i can say is clear the code and make sure the x-1 is seated really good and make sure the plugs are seated well too

Murderface

Reaction score
Personally I think APR shouldve done a better job designing the X-1 and how it attaches to the ECU.

Did u disconnect the X-1 from the ECU and then re-connect it?
I've had this similiar issue and did the above mentioned and problem solved:top:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I got that code once. Felt like a real dumba$$. I had disconnected my O2 sensor when doing some exhaust work, and either forgot to plug it back in, or didn't plug it back in al the way. When I looked at the sensor they were hanging apart at the connector. Check both sides and make sure that they are clicked in all the way.

Super Werty

Reaction score
As soon as I got my X-1 it gave me that code like 10 times a day for a few weeks.

And then magically.....never came back. It's been code free for about 2 months now:stupid:

micpun

Reaction score
still cant figure it out but i guess ill disconnect and reconnect everything to make sure.

Top Bottom