Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

going aftermarket, but using stock wheel size

stan23

Reaction score
wtf? I posted pics and they were gone! When I bought the car, they came with these black drag wheels. 18x8 +45 offset!:thumbdown:

1.jpg

Much better!!

2.jpg

3.jpg

hrspwr236

Reaction score
Way better, nice choice, the look good! What drop is on the truck?

stan23

Reaction score
Way better, nice choice, the look good! What drop is on the truck?

That's a good question! I've been trying to piece together the mystery that is this truck! I see that I have 2" blocks in the rear, but the front springs look stock. They are that worn in black color, and has some paint brush marks like other stock springs. I measured from floor to top of wheel well fender and i'm sitting on 29" front and 30" rear.

I'm HOPING the previous owner didn't just cut the stock springs....:thumbdown:

I'm slowly piecing the parts to make the truck the way I want it.. I actually want to go back to stock height, Already have the stock springs, and I can remove the blocks easily..

But the more I look at the truck, the more i like this setup. SO I may just get some sitting sic springs or the like, and replace the front shocks with OEM bilstiens and get the QA1s for the rear.

hrspwr236

Reaction score
I doubt that they cut springs more than likely they got an old C2C, URD or TR kit that has a spring perch replacement that brings the stock springs down further on the strut so more than likely the XII performance drop springs will lower you even more and end up with a 3"+ drop in the front

stan23

Reaction score
I doubt that they cut springs more than likely they got an old C2C, URD or TR kit that has a spring perch replacement that brings the stock springs down further on the strut so more than likely the XII performance drop springs will lower you even more and end up with a 3"+ drop in the front

WOW! I didn't even know that existed. Thank you again for all your knowledge! Does the perch sit on top or bottom of the springs? I'll take another look. I'm glad you posted this before I went ahead and ordered new springs! The ride is a bit rough and bouncy, but I think i'm starting to get used to it. Would getting the QA1 rears affect front end feel? here is another pic. I think the stance is perfect for me now!
4.jpg

hrspwr236

Reaction score
There perches for the bottom of the spring and the kit basically uses another perch the site lower than the stock location, best way to tell is to look at another X with the stock suspension. The QA1 will only help the ride quality out back. Going with a stock front strut and lower springs will ride very similar to what you have now. The only way to improve the ride quality up front is the coilovers from xii performance.

The new pics looks great, nice and clean. I would recommend a BHLM or some variation!

stan23

Reaction score
There perches for the bottom of the spring and the kit basically uses another perch the site lower than the stock location, best way to tell is to look at another X with the stock suspension. The QA1 will only help the ride quality out back. Going with a stock front strut and lower springs will ride very similar to what you have now. The only way to improve the ride quality up front is the coilovers from xii performance.

The new pics looks great, nice and clean. I would recommend a BHLM or some variation!

Ah. was afraid you were going to say that!

Have to sit on that one for a bit.. I'm thinking @ 85K I should just replace the front shocks with OEM and see where i'm at.

thinking of Headlight mod, but have not started reading that section yet!

Top Bottom