Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Going BIGGER!!!

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
So are you gonna do anything to the intake manifold? Still this is interesting nonetheless.

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Thats the thing aint it? Bigger TB but the manifold is still smaller.

Scarface

Reaction score
Get it girl. get it good!!!... lol. too much time

Gadget

Reaction score
No, that might be in V-3.0.

The hardware is built in, it is just a matter of activating it.

V-2.0 we are trying to do more with the USB sticks. If all goes well you will never need to hook your PC to the UCON. Everything can be done with the USB sticks.

We are trying to get the CAN interface up for V-2.0.

G

scoutdeed69

Reaction score
OK...G.... that does sound interesting for sure....just keep us in form on it! and to let us know how the larger T/b comes out and what size it will be.... But it does not look like its going to work with the 7th injector adapter plate as its smaller....and yeah i would like to know if your going to work on the intake plinium and manifold to help in crease that HP reading we all like! For sure i would love to know, so i can pass that 500hp mark with the URD kit..... we all HP freaks here...:giggity::giggity:

Rob....scouts out

Gadget

Reaction score
Got that one working pretty good.

Time to go even bigger....

2012-08-17_17-45-33_87.jpg

Need a different boot.

clutchhub.jpg

G

Last edited:

MadToy

Reaction score
Hmmm.....

Are you boring the manifold also? Are you able to idle?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like someone might finally have their twin disk prototype.......o_O

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
Hmmmm, so all you need is to find a 2nd gen 1gr throttle body? How common and how cheaply can they be found for?

theduck911

Reaction score
Hmmmm, so all you need is to find a 2nd gen 1gr throttle body? How common and how cheaply can they be found for?

From reading on URD you need to find a throttle body from either:

- 2010+ FJ Cruiser
- 2010+ 4Runner

Both of which have the dual VVTi.

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
I know that, hence 2nd gen 1gr, I'm asking what can I expect to pay for a 2nd gen 1gr throttle body and of course where be it URD or a stealer or a parts yard. Basically I looked on ebay and the cheapest one I found was around $300. and there where only three listed.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score

Well, we are planning on going to the junk yard this weekend......

05xrunnerx

Reaction score
i may be a bit off with this question. but is this the same thing as a throttle body spacer?

Gadget

Reaction score
i may be a bit off with this question. but is this the same thing as a throttle body spacer?

No. Throttle body spacers are the biggest rip off in this industry. You won't see them on the URD site.

This is an adapter that allows you to install a much larger throttle body from another engine on your engine.

G

dramad1

Reaction score

I'm curious as well. Also what are the perks of having a larger throttle body? More air coming in?

05xrunnerx

Reaction score
No. Throttle body spacers are the biggest rip off in this industry. You won't see them on the URD site.

This is an adapter that allows you to install a much larger throttle body from another engine on your engine.

G

That's what I figured but I had to ask. Would this see any gains for the n/a? At least any significant gains.

Top Bottom