Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Going to the track in the morning

Toyotaguy_7

Reaction score
that happens i want reasons. i have faith in him, oh the LC might have gone wrong or fn great he always does this last one said bad news from the track tonight

CaliKnightRider

Reaction score
well hey if thats true, better luck next time bro. were your trap speeds any higher?

XrunnIT

Reaction score
well hey if thats true, better luck next time bro. were your trap speeds any higher?

I talked to him earlier today. With LC you need to really dial it in. Because of how many factors go into a launch (rpm, tires, power, how fast you roll into the throttle, etc) it takes some time to really tune it to fit your needs.

So I know he was tuning in the LC, as well as making some passes without.

But on a good note, he is quickly catching the S/C guys as far as Trap.. better watch out guys..

CaliKnightRider

Reaction score
so im guessing he trapped around 97 mph bc of the longer gears now. so at least he can improve, he might still be trying to get used to it. but i hope he posts up times soon.

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
i believe i have a new highest trap(96.19). out of the 5 runs, none we full consistent runs. all worthless.

that happens i want reasons. i have faith in him, oh the LC might have gone wrong or fn great he always does this last one said bad news from the track tonight

lol, this time is not a joke.

Last edited:

CaliKnightRider

Reaction score
what was your fastest run, or would you rather not say? that is a high trap speed though.

Toyotaguy_7

Reaction score
sad but thats means you got the 13's just gotta get it in what went wrong

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
launch control was worthless. fell flat on its face. had either wheel spin or nasty hop that caused me to let out at least twice on every run, and nasty 2.3/2.4 60fts.

what was your fastest run, or would you rather not say? that is a high trap speed though.

put it this way, i was running a somewhat "stock" time. very disappointing.

Last edited:

Toyotaguy_7

Reaction score
oh thats nice you can do that with stock tires lol take the lc off and rock it the way you do

CaliKnightRider

Reaction score
was it just a bad day or is something mechanically going wrong. you never had that problem. i wonder why you had such bad launches with LC, maybe to high of a rpm at launch?

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
was it just a bad day or is something mechanically going wrong. you never had that problem. i wonder why you had such bad launches with LC, maybe to high of a rpm at launch?

since running the drag radials ive slipped/dumped the clutch between 3500-4000 rpms with no problems, pulling 1.9 60s. I have a guess that it was not a good prep day on the track.

Although, I am happy, that my new trap(in low 70* weather), is higher than my old trap, that was in low 40* weather.

Ill have the videos up tomorrow, and you can see how the truck fell on its face, or hopped all around.

CaliKnightRider

Reaction score
im guessing thats why it didnt work out bc with launch control your not able to slip the clutch a bit then dump it, and thats why your were getting bad ass 60' times.or could have been bad track, well i hope it works out for the best next time

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
runs on launch control were pedal to the floor, and straight clutch dump. both at 2500rpms with 3 second ramp time, and 3600rpms with 2 second ramp time.

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
the amount of time that the engine pulls timing. I want to see if i can put in 0 seconds for ramp time and just set the rpm for a more consistent launch, with no bogging.

Toyotaguy_7

Reaction score
its the fn x-1 stuff i still cant figure out in order to get my new tune

Top Bottom