Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Good deal on Certified Used X?

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
dude I would not pay more than 17k for it and even that would be a stretch. XR's are a hard sell its a very niche market and are a bit more pricey to get into than a Xtreme and such. Also you're in Maine I don't see people lining up to buy a 2wd sport truck up there heck they don't even do it here in Florida.

i dont F around with salesman i make it known whos running the show! you got to, you know your on the right path when youve been there for a few hours and talked to like 5 different sales managers. stay strong and the price will go down, granted you have a nice credit score also. if your putting any money down even better, but if not as long as your credit score is on point no worries at all.

the dealer should never know your credit score! unless they are running a 0% interest deal NEVER finance through the dealer it drastically hurts your negotiating tactics

I been buying cars for along time and have never seen a dealer drop over 5g's on used vehicle ever. That truck must have been priced wrong or had some other issue.

then your negotiating skills need some bud.

sixstringdave

Reaction score
dude I would not pay more than 17k for it and even that would be a stretch. XR's are a hard sell its a very niche market and are a bit more pricey to get into than a Xtreme and such. Also you're in Maine I don't see people lining up to buy a 2wd sport truck up there heck they don't even do it here in Florida.

the dealer should never know your credit score! unless they are running a 0% interest deal NEVER finance through the dealer it drastically hurts your negotiating tactics

Completely agree. Only paid 15,800 when it had 41,000. Truck was only 4 year old at the time. They originally asked 21,900

SDXR619

Reaction score
When I bought my baby I straight up told the dealer that I was going to leave. We negotiated more. Didn't get the price I wanted so then I said this epic line..." DO YOU WANT TO SELL A CAR TODAY OR NOT?!" Then asked for a Manager. Got it down to 16,500 from 19k. Just gotta fight the fight and don't settle.

Bulldogger

Reaction score

Yeah okay, first off you are getting those great deals on auction cars mostly the ones when traded in dealers didn't want. They buy them like my buddy does who owns a used car lot from auction. Mostly beaters they clean them up and sell them with the whopping 30 day warranty. When a dealer gets a one owner clean car fax and good maintenance history he doesn't drop the price by over $5000, they aren't in the business to loose money. Also for you info 95% of my purchases are private sale. My skills need work keep dreaming I bought a 2008 GT500 original owner 200 hundred original miles, 14 months old with extras for $35000. You make me laugh Dealer don't drop over 5G's on cars they know are on the top end.

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
idk around why but mine was priced at 22k at 25k miles bone stock but prety much in mint condition, i drove 2 other ones that were cheaper with 30 something thousand more miles and it just didnt feel the same went back offered 19 they didnt really wanto negotiate but got them down to 20 so i took it home that day and i havent looked back.

OVRW8

Reaction score
Yeah okay, first off you are getting those great deals on auction cars mostly the ones when traded in dealers didn't want. They buy them like my buddy does who owns a used car lot from auction. Mostly beaters they clean them up and sell them with the whopping 30 day warranty. When a dealer gets a one owner clean car fax and good maintenance history he doesn't drop the price by over $5000, they aren't in the business to loose money. Also for you info 95% of my purchases are private sale. My skills need work keep dreaming I bought a 2008 GT500 original owner 200 hundred original miles, 14 months old with extras for $35000. You make me laugh Dealer don't drop over 5G's on cars they know are on the top end.

Mine was definately headed to the auction, it was on the lot for 93 days. But it was a trade in and is certified pre owned and talkedthem down 5000 $

Bulldogger

Reaction score
Mine was definately headed to the auction, it was on the lot for 93 days. But it was a trade in and is certified pre owned and talkedthem down 5000 $

I guess depending on where you live and how badly they raped the guy who turned it in can make some difference. But common sence would dictate that you obviously paid more for it then they would have gotten at auction or they wouldn't have done the deal, and they obviously were able to come down 5 grand and still make a profit or they wouldn't have done it. Mileage also plays a big factor any thing under 30,000 miles they hold on to and haggle less, when the mileage starts getting up there they know that is less desirable, they will be more open to haggling.

OVRW8

Reaction score
I guess depending on where you live and how badly they raped the guy who turned it in can make some difference. But common sence would dictate that you obviously paid more for it then they would have gotten at auction or they wouldn't have done the deal, and they obviously were able to come down 5 grand and still make a profit or they wouldn't have done it. Mileage also plays a big factor any thing under 30,000 miles they hold on to and haggle less, when the mileage starts getting up there they know that is less desirable, they will be more open to haggling.

i agree my friend. it had 64k on it so theres some haggle room and like you said they wouldn't have made 13600 off of it at auction

shaX 07

Reaction score
Update: Looks like the dealer still has this truck, and has reduced the price... to recap...

2009 SWB X-Runner, 46k miles, 1 owner, clean carfax, super clean, bone stock... Certified pre owned...

They were asking $18,995... They're down to $18,195...

NADA Retail: $19,925
NADA Clean Trade In: $17,000

Looks like the deal is getting better!

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
it will still be a 25k dolla truck after you pay it off, unless you buy cash

madtrucker

Reaction score
Plus tax, title, license. Cha ching. Oh & extended warranty if you want 1.

shaX 07

Reaction score
Plus tax, title, license. Cha ching. Oh & extended warranty if you want 1.

The car I would be trading in is worth more than the truck, meaning no additional sales tax. Title fee in Maine is $33, and their only other fee is a $399 processing fee. So for me, it's essentially $18,627 OTD and that's if I was not able to talk them down further.

Bulldogger

Reaction score
If you are happy with the deal go for it. Remember you are the only one who has seen it in person. If it looks brand new then most likely it was taken care of. Check all fluids make sure they look good, test drive,put up on lift to check undercarriage, and if all is clean and straightand it has a clean carfax then you should be good to go.

shaX 07

Reaction score
Well somebody must have agreed with me that this was a good deal because the truck got sold this weekend. It was available late Friday afternoon (confirmed with dealer) and now its gone.

Hope we see this person show up in the Welcome to the Underground section :top:

Top Bottom