Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Good low profile floor jack?

jtnyc

Reaction score
I bought a set of these last weekend and they worked great for oil change.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/RhinoGear-11912-RhinoRamps-Vehicle-Capacity/dp/B006EGAIJ2[/ame]

floor jacks are still needed for tire/wheel related work though.

My buddy has the HF 3ton aluminum jack and is very happy with it. I like the idea of getting a jack from Costco, but it is simply too heavy compared to the aluminum ones.

JFrame

Reaction score
+1 on Harbor Freight if you have one near you. My dad has been using his low-pro jack for his race car there for a few years now.

Rickysnickers

Reaction score
For those wanting ramps to drive up onto, I'd suggest buying some 2"x8". Get two 6' pieces. Cut them into three sections, one 3', 2', and 1'. Screw them together and viola a ramp on the cheap. I made some and use them all the time.

Rick

STONER-X

Reaction score
lol as i am installing my turbo the past day or two.. i had my truck jacked up on one side after reading this stuff even though my jack stands are not H.F. and they are 5 ton stands.. i still had the truck up on one with the second one wedged under the frame as far as i could slide it back... lol...

all of my H.F stuff is what i call "throw away tools" if they break oh well... and if i need to modify a tool guess who is first in line... lol

Bulldogger

Reaction score
Around the Hoildays Costco wholesale club brings in a very good 3.5 ton low profile jack. It has a lifetime warranty through costco, I have had it several years and it has been trouble free.

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
I actually have the HF 2 ton http://www.harborfreight.com/2-ton-low-profile-heavy-duty-floor-jack-rapid-pump-68050.html

It has a very long reach, and its low for the entire length so I dont have to worry about the skirts or bumpers

image_12358.jpg

I thought about that arcan you posted Klint. I just dont have a Northern store very close to me. And the 3.5t will give you the ability to lift bigger stuff if you need to.

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ended up picking up the Arcan XL35 yesterday from Northern Tool. I pulled an oblique muscle on my right side so loading the 104 POUND jack into my truck was fun. Also funny that my floor jack weighs as much as all four wheels that I ordered. LOL!

Murderface

Reaction score
Oh, definitely not what I meant. I meant trusting my life to their jack stands in particular. I have a could so-so jack stands but I'm probably going to pick up a set of Torin double-locking. I like extra safety features. I usually even lay a wheel under the frame if I'm taking off a wheel and am going to be under the vehicle. Takes 20 seconds and could keep my rib cage from being crushed if all else fails.

Thanks Jason. I had looked at Race Ramps and considered grabbing a set of those as well. I think I'm going to lose the hitch this week. I *VERY* rarely use it (maybe 1-2 times a year since we got rid of the jetskis) and don't like lugging around the extra weight. Not to mention, as much as I drag that thing now, I'd kill it with the DJM drop installed. :laugh:

I have ramps but I have to put some bricks in front of them to clear the lip spoiler on the ramps, I also have this craftsmen lightweight racing jack that has less on it so that is gives u some light to see easier. I paid around $150 for it and it's a 4000lb capacity and weighs less then 44lbs
EDF7D967-3BE0-45ED-9F02-553D18752A79-1357-0000012D629D1A77.jpg

Top Bottom