Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Got hit Saturday

Iggy08

Reaction score
I was hit on the driver side behind the rear wheel this weekend and I'm about to take it to get the estimate for repair. My insurance asked me to take it to a Service King, and when I tried to get my own estimate at Toyota of Lewisville they said they used Service King as well.

My question is where do ya'll have experience with repairs and which would ya'll say is the best for our trucks. Being that they have the body kit and mines that really pretty SWB lol. I want good quality repair not caring for the price seeing as I'm not paying for it.

Canadian Girl

Reaction score
Your insurance can't tell you where to take it.. Take it where you feel comfortable and will treat you the best. The insurance will then have to pay out...mind you it might be different in the states then Canada

Sounds like the same spot I just got hit.... story to follow later

butters607

Reaction score
Same here you can take it wherever you'd feel most comfortable

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
Take it where you want. They just suggest certain places, because it's easier for them. They probably have accounts with those shops, so it eliminates the extra paper work, and them sending an adjuster to the other shops as well.

I took mine to a shop of my choice, and they had no problem with it. Don't let them tell you otherwise.

As far as work done, they need to repair it as if it was new. If you notice it's not how it should be when it's done, don't sign the release form. Tell them how it should be and make them re-do it.

Iggy08

Reaction score
I know I can take it wherever, that's why I was asking for suggestions of where other's have gotten good repair. I think I am going to look for one of there preferred shops though because they guarantee the work for life, and I never plan on getting rid of this baby! haha

My dilemma now is getting my truck in a shop sooner than later, Service Kings earliest they can do is September 4th

NUPEPRIME

Reaction score
hey member BLu Xr has a shop that does body work up that way,
p.m. him

think he said they are in Weatherford, hope this helps...

Murderface

Reaction score
Make sure u really look over the truck after its done. When I had 13K in repairs done to mine it had to go back to the shop 2 times for shit they did half-assed. I'm still finding shit wrong with it now like body clips that were glued in to hold the ground effects, boogers in the paint, sanding marks under the paint etc......what a pain in the balls! Sometimes I wish they totaled it so I coulda bought an 08 and transfered all my mods!

Iggy08

Reaction score
I'll make sure to take a good look. I'm taking it to service king in Dallas (intersection of 35 and 635) because any work there is guaranteed for life. I'm gonna be a pain in the ass, but it's my baby we're talking about lol

x8o8runner2012

Reaction score
HERES A PIC OF MY 2012 THE DAY AFTER I PICKED IT UP FROM THE DEALERSHIP.....
IMG_0849.jpg

TOTAL DAMAGES CAME OUT TO ABOUT 6,000.00 BUT LUCKILY FOR OUR TRUCKS THE REAR BED IS PRETTY MUCH LIKE FENDERS, SO YOU WILL MOST LIKELY GET ALL BRAND NEW PEICES, JUST TO SHARE....

ALOHA,
BRANZ

Top Bottom