Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Got pulled over this afternoon....

KrazyStuntRR

Reaction score
So, this afternoon I get pulled over saw it coming when he looked at my windows. So was expecting a tint ticket. I pull over and he asks for my license and registration and blah blah blah... Asks what do I have on my tail lights, I say its spray tint. he then replies " whats on your windows? " I'm like tint film.. he's like OK I'll be right back.. all seems ok.. comes back and only issues me a $57 tint ticket and explained he wasn't gonna give me a ticket for my tail lights I'm like ok thanks.. He then explains that 3 violations on one vehicle can result in a towing offense and mandatory inspection, I agree and he then says a cracked windshield can be that third offense, I politely explain that my windshield crack is no where near obstructing my vision and is completely legal. his reply " I do not have to justify my reasons for towing your vehicle, and if you wanna argue I will see you tomorrow and issue you another tint ticket " my reply " that sounds awfully close to borderline harassment/stalking I may feel the need for a T.R.O against you, I'm sure that would go over well in the papers " I then asked if that was all and he's like yup and start babbling again I just rolled up my window and drove off in mid sentence.

and EPS ( Edmonton Police Service ) wonder why they get no respect when they randomly just love to power trip and think just because they have a badge they can do whatever the hell they want.. and they also wonder why they are being bad mouthed constantly in the papers and on the news about mistreating people and excessive force or tasering people for no reason thus their restriction of carrying them.

this is a picture of my windshield at eye level and was claiming could be my third violation and tow my vehicle.

Attachments

• IMG00079-20100730-1621.jpg
    IMG00079-20100730-1621.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 100

Murderface

Reaction score
How's that N.W.A song go?

PHUCK the police coming straight from the underground:rock:

U got more balls then me though, I never talk like that unless I'm not holding any illegal substances in tha ride.

KrazyStuntRR

Reaction score
I only get lippy when they instigate the power tripping and ignorance. Like in the beginning he was nice and I was nice I even politely explained that this windshield is not an infraction of the Traffic Safety Act, then it was like a bi-polar switch was hit and he got all power trippy and ignorant with me.

Murderface

Reaction score
I called a cop a dooshbag to his face and he did nothing about it! He did the same thing u explained above. Later on when I went to court for the ticket he gave me I had to go into the DA's office about downgrading the fine and there was also a female cop in the office. I tild the DA that this cop that pulled me over was a jerk and needed to get laid! The female cop asked to see my ticket so I handed it over, she giggled and left the office. So I asked the DA why she giggled and his reply was that the cop was her husband:laugh: me and the DA had a few laughs after that one:top:

KrazyStuntRR

Reaction score
hahaha priceless! One night I was drunk and my buddy came and picked me and my truck up and we got pulled over and the cop that issued us the tint tickets and crap was nice and she was kinda hot lol we were nice too but her partner was a complete douchebag! and I mean like a A+ douchebag and I just wanted to flip on him and with a crowd outside the bar all watching all I could think of for a reply was " Just cause you lost out driving the squad car to a female, don't take your patheticness out on me " and everyone outside started laughing at the cop.

rav-o-nation

Reaction score
man you cant talk to cops like that here they will slam your ass in jail and put some chumped up charge on you like harassment of a peace officer or some crap. just like i got thrown in jail one time for yelling at my friend cuz he got jumped and i was telling him to talk to the cops. and i get drunk in public.

darthyota

Reaction score
Haha that's awesome dude but we need to have an Edmonton mini meet soon and I don't know where that cop got the three strikes and you get a tow from cause I've had five vehicle infraction tickets in one sitting and never got towed or told I had to get my truck inspected

KrazyStuntRR

Reaction score
Darthyota: he said if a vehicle has 3 safety violations in one stop that it can be towed, which is true but most cops arent gonna because why get it towed and stuff removed they make more money off issuing tickets then they do having vehicles towed and inspected.

Yea we need a edm mini meet or a edm/cal meet or something.

RedXRunner: I know in the states every state is different with their laws about tint darkness but here in Alberta ANY spray tint or film is illegal.. the only way its legal is if the glass is manufactured tinted. ( I've been on a mission to find a place to manufacture tinted windows :p ) Normally its a $115 ticket for tint here but the cop only wrote $57 which is why he seemed nice then I quote a little piece of the Traffic Safety Act and my god it was like its a crime to know the laws.

KrazyStuntRR

Reaction score
yea, cause the customer asked for tint to be added.. here no tint at all is allowed i've seen people get ticketed for having 40% on their front windows which is barely even noticable but the cop was a douche and gave ticket. I hate Alberta for their "NO TINT" law like my god atleast allow some tint.

KrazyStuntRR

Reaction score
each state has limits to how dark the tint can be.. all tint are labeled by % like 5% is limo and then its increments of 5's 10 15 20 25 30 35 etc etc i think all the way upto 50% I think is the lightest. The most common carried tint is 5% 10% 20% 35% those 4 are the most common supplied shops that do alot of tinting usually carry a few other percentages.

Not sure how they enforce this tho because 20% on our trucks front windows looks nothing like a double cabs front windows with 20% with 5% on all the rear windows it looks waaay darker on the double cab.

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
well if your tint is illegal and your tail lights are tinted your in obvious violation of the law I would have been very respectful and thanked him for letting you off with a $57 ticket.

KrazyStuntRR

Reaction score
well if your tint is illegal and your tail lights are tinted your in obvious violation of the law I would have been very respectful and thanked him for letting you off with a $57 ticket.

I was till be brought up the cracked windshield and I politely stated that the crack does not obscure my eye sight and under inspection specifications that it is not deemed illegal or an unsafe windshield. Then he just instantly went all power hungry and started yapping about how he doesnt have to justify his reasons for towing my vehicle and how he'll see me tomorrow and issue me another tint ticket (I haven't gone down that area in months btw)

Canadian Girl

Reaction score
I can "write" u an electronic work order......... you print in and sign it...... for tint removal. Say u were visting a friend in Ontario and they removed it for you from their shop.... or make one up put a work order number in it and everything. Those tickets just take up a courts time and JP's (justice of the Peace() usually throw it out if u show them its been removed.

Hopefully it all works out but take it to court.

PS the windshield thing

Highway traffic act Ontario

No person shall drive or operate on a highway a motor vehicle the windshield or any window of which is in such condition that the vision of the driver is impaired.

Note: It is a safety item and would not pass a safety .......

Highway traffic is usually similar

here is the act for Alberta - http://www.qp.alberta.ca/documents/Acts/T06.pdf
Section 170 - Talks about seizure of vehicle
Section 174 - Talks about claiming expenses

Just thought I would throw that out there

KrazyStuntRR

Reaction score
I can "write" u an electronic work order......... you print in and sign it...... for tint removal. Say u were visting a friend in Ontario and they removed it for you from their shop.... or make one up put a work order number in it and everything. Those tickets just take up a courts time and JP's (justice of the Peace() usually throw it out if u show them its been removed.

Hopefully it all works out but take it to court.

PS the windshield thing

Highway traffic act Ontario

No person shall drive or operate on a highway a motor vehicle the windshield or any window of which is in such condition that the vision of the driver is impaired.

Note: It is a safety item and would not pass a safety .......

Highway traffic is usually similar

here is the act for Alberta - http://www.qp.alberta.ca/documents/Acts/T06.pdf
Section 170 - Talks about seizure of vehicle
Section 174 - Talks about claiming expenses

Just thought I would throw that out there

That is a great right up.. i've tried to fight tint tickets before they are so anal here i've tried to fight 2 of them and they actually came outside to verify the tint was removed.. (this was with my Z24 and i had a spare set of windows without tint and just swapped them when I went in to fight it)

The crack is so far off from impairing my vision and when i quoted the inspection regulations here (work at a dealership) and proved to him that my windshield is not a violation yet.. (basically called his bluff) thats when he went all power hungry!

that crack would have originally impaired my vision but as soon as it cracked i thumbed it to the side away from any chance of it impairing my vision.

I have no problem with paying tint ticket for windows i know i'm breaking the law with them so I honestly have no objection to the ticket cause I am deliberately breaking the law lol

Canadian Girl

Reaction score
Thats awesome at least u dont mind paying it. Could be worse right..... I know when I had my civic I got pull over for everything..... and they called the Minsitry of Trnsportation on me multilpe times.

Well not all cops are bad....lol

Top Bottom