Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

..got some more goodies!!

hrspwr236

Reaction score
be nice to see that neon on your truck, what liitle you had before looked great

T-stark

Reaction score
when i went and talked to dps when i was getting mine they said i could do any color i wanted to as long as it wasnt flashing and you could not see the bulbs i have a couple of buddys that have red underglow and never gottin a ticket

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Whats nice about the amsoil dealer program, if you refer people you get a check in the mail for every product they buy.

KETCHUP

Reaction score
when i went and talked to dps when i was getting mine they said i could do any color i wanted to as long as it wasnt flashing and you could not see the bulbs i have a couple of buddys that have red underglow and never gottin a ticket

yeah, if you look up the Texas Bulb Policy, it will show you that red is a color that is illegal. Ive ran mine before and passed a cop. Just because you don't get pulled over doesn't mean its legal. From what I understand, its a heavy fine.....

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/vi/Misc/faq/bulb.htm

Whats nice about the amsoil dealer program, if you refer people you get a check in the mail for every product they buy.

yeah, I saw that. I didn't do the dealer thing like gadget. I just did the perferred customer thing.....

Last edited:

Gadget

Reaction score
0w30 is bad for you motor just an FYI.

That is absolutely wrong.

0w30

5w30

10w30

15w30

20w30

30w

Are all the same 30 weight oil at operating temp.

On mulitweight oils the first number is the cold number. The lower the better so you will get better flow and lubrication on engine start where most all of the engine wear occurs.

0w30 will protect the engine better than 5w30 oil will and you will have less overall wear.

Gadget

KETCHUP

Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification G! :top:

That is absolutely wrong.

0w30

5w30

10w30

15w30

20w30

30w

Are all the same 30 weight oil at operating temp.

On mulitweight oils the first number is the cold number. The lower the better so you will get better flow and lubrication on engine start where most all of the engine wear occurs.

0w30 will protect the engine better than 5w30 oil will and you will have less overall wear.

Gadget

dj_lucas840

Reaction score
i didnt know that bout the oil either!

and bout the underglow, here in kansas i been running blue on mine since early 05 when i still had the paper tag on the truck, never got a ticket, it used to be illlegal to have red or blue here but they changed it and now it doesnt matter and like you said they cant have the tube showing and it has to be on solid while you drive, but there r some retards whith some jacked up rides and you will see the tubes just hanging there all to see and they dont get messed with either, would say could always make a call to the police station and ask them what they think bout it, just dont tell them who ya are or what ya drive!!!

KETCHUP

Reaction score
i didnt know that bout the oil either!

and bout the underglow, here in kansas i been running blue on mine since early 05 when i still had the paper tag on the truck, never got a ticket, it used to be illlegal to have red or blue here but they changed it and now it doesnt matter and like you said they cant have the tube showing and it has to be on solid while you drive, but there r some retards whith some jacked up rides and you will see the tubes just hanging there all to see and they dont get messed with either, would say could always make a call to the police station and ask them what they think bout it, just dont tell them who ya are or what ya drive!!!
yeah, Texas usually won't mess with you unless they are red and or flashing. As long as they are another color and stay strait, ur good.....

Top Bottom