Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Great Customer Service & Products!

killer2239

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

As a fairly new member to this board and an X-Runner I just wanted to write up some of my experiences with URD. I know this board gets new members and many wonder what sponsors they really can trust and get great parts and service from. I am by no means saying other sponsors on this board are not good, just sharing my experience with URD over the last several months. With that being said, I hope this helps any new members searching for products that URD sells and questions the service or products.

I have purchased the following products from URD:
-URD Short Shifter
-URD Stage 1 Stealth Boost Pulley for TRD Supercharger.
-URD Y-Pipe
-URD Rear o2 Simulator
-Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers for 2012+ (Air injection)
-AFE Stage 2 Intake
-URD external Fuel Filter with upgraded fuel pump

Customer Service:
Every time I have called URD customer service line I have spoken with Gadget, whether it was to ask him about a part I was looking to buy or ask a technical question regarding the install of something I purchased. He has been friendly and more than helpful / willing to answer my questions. Most times providing more info and in depth reasoning about XYZ than you would expect. He even took the time to answer a question for me about a part he did not sell but had personally installed on his vehicle and recommended to me (True Trac LSD). I want to say I have called and spoke with Gadget 4 or 5 times so far, and emailed 2 or 3 times. He has replied to a few threads or questions I have asked on the forum, even adding new products to his site for the 2012 specific to air injection (headers and AFE intake) when I asked if they were made. He has even called me to discuss the back order of a part I purchased and offered me alternative solutions to get an equal or better part quicker (even though it did cost me a little extra :eviltongue: ).

Product Quality:
Now I know some of the parts I ordered were not URD products, however most of them are. Anyone that has been in the car / truck modification scene over the last 10 years knows the term "Bolts right on", and in most cases you will laugh at that term. Most times it never fails that something has to be modified or rigged to fit. URD products truly do Bolt right on. Just follow the included detailed instructions and you have no issues. Even owning a 2012 that could have slight changes since 2005 model everything has worked perfectly that URD has sold. My two mechanic friends that both work on Toyota's and performance vehicles have been very impressed with the products and instructions, even saying quality / fit is as good as OEM.
For the non-urd products I have ordered, you can tell URD carries top notch quality products. The DT Headers and AFE intake both were amazing with their fit and quality, as well as instructions.

Overall Experience:
Excellent all around and highly recommended. I honestly can't say anything bad about URD / Gadget. If I had to try and pick 1 thing that could be negative at all to say, it would be that Gadget might sound like he is being short with you on the phone, but after 10 minutes of him answering your question and explaining everything to you so that you understand why, he clearly is not trying to rush you off the phone. Otherwise he would just say yes, no, maybe, bye. haha.

Hope this helps any new members looking to buy from URD, and I hope it is alright to post this under his forum section. I have been a big part of the Corolla and Matrix forums in the past and know how it can be for new members trying to settle into the forums.

Thanks!

hiflyer

Reaction score
Yeppers, as you spend time here you learn Gadget is the man!

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
i've bought too many things to count from urd over the past year and i've always had top notch customer service and great products from them!

Gadget

Reaction score
Thank you all for your very kind words and taking time to post them.

G

06 xrunner

Reaction score
I agree..Gadget is the man I've bought a few things from there as well as some URD products from other members and anytime i call nothing but great service

Top Bottom