Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Grillcraft MX Corner Grille Inserts ?

BlackCat

Reaction score
As part of the sandstorm damage I experienced, my aftermarket billet grille was completely etched. So along with the new paint, I'm also considering some new grille options. One of them is the Grillcraft MX grille. The one thing that held me from going that route was the lack of grille inserts for the corner grilles. However, I was on their site recently and came across this ...

http://www.grillcraft.com/applications/2010_Toyota_Tacoma.aspx/1|72/886/

However, though the link describes corner grilles, it has no real photos of one. I also can't find them on a Google search and no other retailer appears to carry them.

Are these for real ?

Murderface

Reaction score
It seems to be for real and if so I'll be snagging them up sometime in the future. Nice find cause I didn't know the existed.
I also hate trying to get the water out of the stock ones after I wash the X. This should make it easier

BlackCat

Reaction score
It seems to be for real and if so I'll be snagging them up sometime in the future. Nice find cause I didn't know the existed.
I also hate trying to get the water out of the stock ones after I wash the X. This should make it easier

I know that another XRU member did have some custom MX grille corners made up a long time ago, but beyond that, there was nothing else that I knew of.

So it's nice to see some actual Grillcraft made MX corners, but would like to see actual photos of them before committing ...

bombs

"Affliction Guy"
Reaction score
Nice find! Gonna look into these, been searching for these as well!

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
Nice grills and easy install

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
Nice find, detective! They have the model year listed as 2010, maybe they are made to order direct from Grillcraft :dontknow:

I can't imagine it would be that difficult or time consuming. I don't recall the 2010 inserts being any different than the older ones

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
I know that another XRU member did have some custom MX grille corners made up a long time ago, but beyond that, there was nothing else that I knew of.

So it's nice to see some actual Grillcraft made MX corners, but would like to see actual photos of them before committing ...

that was lenie i believe...but when i asked grillcraft to make them they said no since there wasn't enough interest in them...I ended up having to purchase 2 raw sheets from grillcraft and making my own so that they would sit recessed in the triangles on either side of the grill...

but it is nice to see them finally step up to the plate and get these made...

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Looks good. :top:
I wonder if they have any discounts if you buy all three (upper, lower, and corner grills)? :dontknow:

Emanon

Reaction score
Do I sensee a Tucson Grillecraft corner grill install party coming up?

BlackCat

Reaction score
Nice find, detective! They have the model year listed as 2010

Actually, there are separate pages for each of model years 2005-2010 X-Runners ... all of them are identical and all list the MX corner grilles.

that was lenie i believe...but when i asked grillcraft to make them they said no since there wasn't enough interest in them...I ended up having to purchase 2 raw sheets from grillcraft and making my own so that they would sit recessed in the triangles on either side of the grill...

Yep, now I remember, yes it was Lenie.

So they sell raw stock sheets of mesh grille material ? Don't see it anywhere on their website ...

Do I sensee a Tucson Grillecraft corner grill install party coming up?

Perhaps ... :top:

Last edited:

BlackCat

Reaction score
Okay, since I have not been able to find this product anywhere else (Ebay, any other online retailer that sells Grillcraft products, etc), it appears that Grillcraft.com is the only place where these vent grills can be purchased.

I placed an order for a pair of these MX corner vent grills. It's $49 with free shipping. I did not order the main or lower MX grills since I can get those elsewhere for less money than on grillcraft.com. When they show up, I'll post photos of them. If I like them, I'll buy the other MX grill parts elsewhere. If I hate them, I'll either return them of sell them off here on XRU.

BlackCat

Reaction score
The UPS guy just dropped them off, here they are !

Looks like they mount via two welded-on threaded rods, you have to drill two holes into each grille corner, then insert the threaded rods through those holes and lock with nuts on the reverse side.

These are the silver ones, they also have black ones.

DSC_2547.jpg

DSC_2548.jpg

DSC_2549.jpg

Venomous_X

Reaction score
so are you going to install them, or do they fail your inspection?

Tunedx

Reaction score
I would get the bodyshop to fill those holes in. Thats just me!!

BlackCat

Reaction score
so are you going to install them, or do they fail your inspection?

I'm keeping them ... for now. I'll install them when I get the truck back (I still have it, haven't dropped it off yet as I'm still researching the two-tone). If I don't like them, I'll sell them off and possibly go the route noted below ...

I would get the bodyshop to fill those holes in. Thats just me!!

If the MX grille doesn't look good, then I may try that. I'd do it myself, though. At $48/hr for shop time, that adds up mighty fast. And filling in those holes is within my abilities. A whole vehicle repaint isn't.

Emanon

Reaction score
hrm I don't think I have ever seen a silver MX grill...:hmmmm2:

Clewis333

Reaction score
damn thats sexy... makes me want it. but i definitely would go black with RR

Xrunner Drifter

Reaction score
Really nice find. Looks like I will be buying these too.
Post sum pics of them installed when u can please.

Top Bottom