Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

grille help

redx2010

Reaction score
has anyone ever removed thier stock grille, is it hard. i want to install a black mesh grille. i have a 2010 x runner:stupid::argh:

justin13703

Reaction score
2 Phillips screws and 2 little plastic push lock things on top of the grille. Take them out and pull it straight up.

bombs

"Affliction Guy"
Reaction score
If you want to install a black mesh, like a grillecraft, then you're going to have to cut out the center with a hacksaw or something like that to get it in. There are some grills that you can buy that are alread complete, and you just pop the stock one out and put the new one in, and even ones that you can snap over the stock. It all depends on you and how you want it to look. I cut out my stock center and inserted a grillcraft mesh.

This is the aftermarket one that I bought off of ebay.
aftermarketgrill.jpg

I didn't like it so I cut out the center part of the stock grill, added a decepticon logo and this is what it did
grillcraftinsert2.jpg

and this is how it looks now
grillcraftinsert.jpg

Hope this helps.

xrunner4.0

Reaction score
Very easy to install the upper grill. If you go for a Grillcraft, like bombs said you'll have cut out the center of the stock grill. I used a hacksaw then cleaned up the edges with a Dremel (I found that I could still see the rough edges from the hacksaw through the grill before I used the Dremel). I also relocated the horn because it looks like crap once the mesh grill is in. They are some good write-ups in the how to section.

JFrame

Reaction score
Looks pretty sick Bombs. I like the added +5 HP from the TRD on the bumber. Seriously though it looks pretty clean!

Top Bottom