Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

H@lp w/XBrace Install on TRD Prerunner

iamrayzian

Reaction score

I just purchased an XBRACE this past frday night that came with the Brace & 3 Bolts. Yeah, I'm missing 1 bolt I'm searching for it. I went to install it today on my 07 Double Cab TRD w/Trailer Hitch. I saw ROSSK35 and assumed I could do be "Cool" too. I went into the garage today and its a negative. Its a no go as I don't know what I need to mount this sucker. Walked back upstairs 10 minutes later to hear my GF said, "WOW, thats fast". I shrugged w/Failure.

Hopefully someone can help shed some light to exactly what I need to do this with the hardware I listed above. Can I keep my Trailer Hitch too?

I kinda broke plans on Friday night with my GF and friends just to pick this up. She even drove me 80 miles round trip to pick it up from (heylookatthatblackXRunner). So the last thing I want is to not install this thing. She will be pissed if I don't install this soon. So anyone with some help soon, I'd appreciate it very much. I don't want to hear her mouth. Ever had a nagging GF who talks about sharing time with a truck.:argh:

I guess I'm going to prep and primer this thing right now. I'm going to paint this Xbrace Metallic Gold as a 3rd alt. color!

Thanks in Advance:biggrin:
Your help will spare me.

Last edited by a moderator:

BoominTaco

Reaction score
I know of a guy who welded a bracket so he could mount the x brace to his prerunner. I think is was ROSSK. I don't know the detail on how he did it but just keep looking on this forum he is in here somewhere...

x20Runner05

Reaction score
I dunno what ya need bro, sure hope it helps in handle of that truck

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score
pm trd_sport he has the x-brace but i dont know if he has installed it yet

preXrunner

Reaction score
i would really like to figure this out too... hopefully someone helps us both out.

Venomous_X

Reaction score
It cant be that difficult, though I dont know what the bottom of the prerunner or sports look like.....best thing is take your measurements maybe make a cardboard template and see what you can come up with. :top:

RossK35

Reaction score
Ok, sorry I didn't reply to your pm I've been busy and didn't have time. Anyways, it fits with the hitch with no problem. What has to be done is a spacer has to be welded to the bottom of the leaf spring hanger mount as seen in this picture: There is a nut of the inside of the mount so you are able to tighten it up.
P8010119.jpg

THE MACF

Reaction score
Weld the brace on and ship me the bolts. seriously.

speckdzl4shzl

"Gym Junkie"
Reaction score
rossk35's way will work. OR you can do it like i did with no welding required.

read this thread on CT
http://www.customtacos.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=116707

droppedmytaco is regcabx over here and i believe he was the first to do an xbrace on a non-X. basically, the back two mounts will bolt right into the frame. the front two are what poses the problem. you can either have a bracket or some sort of mount welded on there OR you can just drop a bolt through the bottom hole of the leaf spring hanger, thread a nut on, and call it a day. the leafs are easy to take off. i would recommend that way.

and if you do it that way you would have no need to get the front bolts from me....not that i'm not willing to give em to you

Last edited:

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
The only problem with dropping at nut in the hole and bolting it up is that when you are taking turns, the stress of the trucks shifting side to side is putting pressure on the bolt. That in the end could cause the bolt to warp, bend, whatever you wanna call it. When welding the bracket on, the stress is taken off the bold and is put on the bracket which is a part of the frame....just FYI.

If I was in this situation, I would get brackets welded on...just to be on the safe side, yah know!

speckdzl4shzl

"Gym Junkie"
Reaction score
i actually didn't drop a bolt through my hanger. me and michael (wshsbears) were to scared to take off the leaves to drop a nut through there. LOL so he just welded the bolt to the bottom of the bracket. its ghetto but it works like a charm. i'll post some pictures later.

Top Bottom