Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hawaii boyz TRD supercharger F/S

Murderface

Reaction score
Remember, if ur gonna be keeping the 2.7" pulley on the blower ur gonna have to run a 7th injector and have something to control it. If ur gonna just run the stock pulley then disregard what I've said.

Congrats to both of u! One for buying it and the other for finally selling it:rockon:

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
Remember, if ur gonna be keeping the 2.7" pulley on the blower ur gonna have to run a 7th injector and have something to control it. If ur gonna just run the stock pulley then disregard what I've said.

Congrats to both of u! One for buying it and the other for finally selling it:rockon:

We'll see. Darthyoda has been running the 2.7" pulley safely for a long time now with the same mods as me. We live in Alberta where the air is not dense, but if worst comes to worst, the 3" pulley and install tool is included. :top:

Murderface

Reaction score
I knew when i asked u that u were first gonna mention that Darthyota has been doing it so why cant i? Man I would not rely on ur air density for keeping the engines A/F ratio safely, that is just asking for trouble! Also like I mentioned the 2.7" creates a lot of heat and needs the 7th injector to keep that air cool so that there's no possibility of knock, not running a 7th is just asking for trouble man. If ur gonna run the 2.7" pulley at least do it correctly and invest in the correct supporting mods to keep u outta trouble.

So what's gonna happen when someday u travel to a different area that isn't at the hi altitude that u are now? Are u gonna drive slowly with no boost or are u gonna go POP POP POP? Remember that every truck runs differently and they're not all the same. Not trying to rain on ur parade but rather give u the knowledge that ur lacking.

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
I knew when i asked u that u were first gonna mention that Darthyota has been doing it so why cant i? Man I would not rely on ur air density for keeping the engines A/F ratio safely, that is just asking for trouble! Also like I mentioned the 2.7" creates a lot of heat and needs the 7th injector to keep that air cool so that there's no possibility of knock, not running a 7th is just asking for trouble man. If ur gonna run the 2.7" pulley at least do it correctly and invest in the correct supporting mods to keep u outta trouble.

So what's gonna happen when someday u travel to a different area that isn't at the hi altitude that u are now? Are u gonna drive slowly with no boost or are u gonna go POP POP POP? Remember that every truck runs differently and they're not all the same. Not trying to rain on ur parade but rather give u the knowledge that ur lacking.

I'll see how the AFR numbers are but as I said if they are too lean, I'll just put back on the 3" pulley for now. I'm not planning on going anywhere right now anyways. I will be upgrading down the road to get a set up like yours. Thanks for the heads up though CD! :adore:

Murderface

Reaction score
U can always get ansecond opinion and ask Gadget what he thinks. Who knows may be I missed something or may be over looked something? Remember u can never be too careful, unless that is ur holding an un pinned hand grenade:laugh:

And ur welcome, just trying to help out fellow members and keeping them from possible engine failures brought on by negligence.

Also remember what APR's website says about running the 2.7" pulley.....u MUST use the APR 7th injector with this pulley because of the extra heat it creates.

I would also make sure I had the URD fuel pump upgrade installed before even thinking of installing this blower

Last edited:

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
U can always get ansecond opinion and ask Gadget what he thinks. Who knows may be I missed something or may be over looked something? Remember u can never be too careful, unless that is ur holding an un pinned hand grenade:laugh:

And ur welcome, just trying to help out fellow members and keeping them from possible engine failures brought on by negligence.

Also remember what APR's website says about running the 2.7" pulley.....u MUST use the APR 7th injector with this pulley because of the extra heat it creates.

I would also make sure I had the URD fuel pump upgrade installed before even thinking of installing this blower

I'll probably just go back to the stock (3") pulley then go from there. I'm going to take my time and do it right. When I get more funds I will probably move to the full set up like yours.

Thanks again for the heads up! I don't want a blown engine:laugh:

Murderface

Reaction score
^^^nor do we want to see u blow up ur engine. That's the smart move to put the 3" pulley on there and then get the correct supporting mods to run that hi of boost regardless of altitude. Smart, very smart

Mano

Reaction score
SOLD .. congrats ( sproulesxrunner ) .. time to lock it up .. ALOHA'S :top:

Top Bottom