Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

headers

Reaction score
whats the deal with removing your cat converters to put in headers? what kind of safety inspection problems can i expect to run into?

Amo-cat3

Reaction score
whats the deal with removing your cat converters to put in headers? what kind of safety inspection problems can i expect to run into?

The stock exhaust manifolds and front cats are welded together so when you remove them they are one piece. And Longtube headers replace that section with catless pipes. There are no smog or emission tests required for vehicles in Hawaii and our safety inspections here don't cover this area - so I strongly suggest you pic a set up (JBA or DT) from URD and let your X breathe :top:

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
Highly recommend a set of long tubes! when i was N/A i threw some doug thorley long tubes on and got an average of 30 more miles per tank! also sounded awesome and gave a bit more top end power! best bang for you buck mod available :top:

mixplate_xr

Reaction score

don't got to worry about emissions or smog thankfully. best bet is DTLT or JBA long tubes.

Reaction score
Thank God! one thing they don't try to get us for. Consider my cats gone! much mahaloz guys!

rexrunner

Reaction score
Don't waste your time cutting the cats. Dt long tubes and that's it

Top Bottom