Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

headlight fogging up :(

Rat Rod

"Blade"
Reaction score
my passenger headlight lense is fogging upp any suggestions to clean it and fix it? :dontknow:

Grumpy

Reaction score
The problem lies in the truck color itself. Paint your truck SWB = problem solved.

X-roller

Reaction score
lol. Nice.

I see you did the BHLM. Maybe it wasn't sealed right. I would consider resealing it. :top:

Rat Rod

"Blade"
Reaction score
:( i bought the bhlm already done no problems untill tonight

chadfo

Reaction score
Take the bulbs out and let the housing dry out. You can use a hairdryer blowing in one hole to speed things up. Then get some silicone and reseal the edges. I'd start wtih the top where it's easy to do. If it fogs up again, you'll have to remove the housings and seal all the way around.

5000XD

Reaction score
Take the bulbs out and let the housing dry out. You can use a hairdryer blowing in one hole to speed things up. Then get some silicone and reseal the edges. I'd start wtih the top where it's easy to do. If it fogs up again, you'll have to remove the housings and seal all the way around.

What he said.

BSP 05 X-Runner

Reaction score
You also might want to check to make sure you put the bulb in right, becouse when lenie and i did my wifes headlight mod i didnt get the bulb in correct and it fogged up..

sixstringdave

Reaction score
I had this problem too when i did mine. No matter how much silicone i poured all around it, the left one would fog. I took off one of the caps in the back of it. Hasnt fogged since. These are not a totally sealed unit like everyone thinks.

Anyways, its how i solved my problem. Good luck:top:

5000XD

Reaction score
True, it needs to breath too, but the edges need to be sealed completly.

Grumpy

Reaction score
I just remember, you recently did HID. Make sure the bulbs are seated and the rubber boots seal properly also.

Amarillo X

Reaction score
Have a stern talk with it and just explain to the light that fogging is unacceptable. :crinklehair:

motonxruchick184

Reaction score
Have a stern talk with it and just explain to the light that fogging is unacceptable. :crinklehair:

Just be careful.. Our trucks get off on some sorts of aggression.. It could backfire and make them fog up worse. Lmao

Top Bottom