Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

headlight problem

Xtacy

Reaction score
i was taking out my HIDs because i need to get my yearly safety check...only problem is theres a piece on the housing for the headlights, where the bulb goes into, a metal wire type holder or something that keeps the light secure from moving n in place. well, the thing that holds that metal paper clip thing just snapped off and now i have nothing in place to hold the bulb into the housing...any suggestions? sorry i dont have pics. hope that made sense

KETCHUP

Reaction score
pics would help. I know the location you are talking about but not sure what broke.

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
It's the plastic tab thing that holds the wire/spring thingy in place (if it were a door, it would be the hinge).

I know what you're talking about, but it's not sure how to MacGyver it. If it's just temporary, can you just use aluminum tape to pass inspection?

alexxwing

Reaction score
maybe try and take the light houseing out and super glue the piece back on if you still have it if not i would get some small plastic from a hobby shop and hot glue the new plastic to the light just my 2 cents.......good luck:top:

Xtacy

Reaction score
yeah you guys know the piece im talking about..its a little groove where the metal wraps around. Im trying to super glue it now...im worried about the long run afterwards when my HIDs get put back in. If it were to break with the lights the light bulb would fall out because theres nothing holding it in tightly

Top Bottom