Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

headliner question

P05X

"Wicked Pissah"
Reaction score
I just picked up a Chevy pu for a new plow truck and the headliner is sagging. I'm gonna pick up some new headliner fabric and redo it but does any one know what a good adhesive is for it. I've done a cpl but they didn't seem to hold up to long. Any info would be great thanks

deanbhula1

Reaction score
P05X said:
I just picked up a Chevy pu for a new plow truck and the headliner is sagging. I'm gonna pick up some new headliner fabric and redo it but does any one know what a good adhesive is for it. I've done a cpl but they didn't seem to hold up to long. Any info would be great thanks

U may want to move this from audio/video section so u get more responses...but some good quality contact adhesive should work. The ones that one in spray can should be easier when working with a headliner fabric

*IrunnIt*

Reaction score
You can use 3m spray fabric adhesive. It comes in a gray can. I think they have 30, 60, 90. The higher the numbers the stronger the bond.

justin13703

Reaction score
I'd like to know the best stuff to use too. When I redid my cherokee's headliner I used loctite spray glue for headliners and they crap didn't even last 24 hours. I need to know when I do it again, that it will be the last time.

P05X

"Wicked Pissah"
Reaction score
Yeah I know I posted it in the wrong section tried to move it but couldn't figure out how. Oh well. Yeah ill try that 3m spray this time. Last time I did it I cant remember the name of the spray I used but it sucked. Should be doing it in the next week or so ill let every1 know how it turns out thanks

Crimson KING

Reaction score
You have to scratch up the cardboard real well and spray off any loose debris. Then spray your 3m adhesive.

Reaper13

Reaction score
@crimson king, glad you pointed this out. First time I did one I overlooked it think I'd b fine....didn't end well.lol

GR6RR

Reaction score
yea.... I also failed at my first attempt on my G35 a few years back. I took the panel to the upholstery shop the very next day.

Reaper13

Reaction score
Well, I wasn't driving something as nice as a g35, so I had already grabbed another messed up headliner at the pick-n-pull just incase I messed it up. I called a buddy and he goes "and lemme guess, you put your lil kid impatient pants on and didn't prep did you...way to go"lol

GR6RR

Reaction score
That's funny, cause that's the same pair of pants I wear almost every day. The G35 had black interior but the ceiling was a light beige color.... I had to change it.

There is a thread about that hunter who placed all types of ish on his "daily" and if you look inside, there is a flag for his roof liner. Some creative thought.

P05X

"Wicked Pissah"
Reaction score
I ended up using 3m 90 its holding up really well. Thanks for the info

Top Bottom