Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Heavy vibriations, almost jolt like, on engine shutoff.

ddongbap

Reaction score
Anyone else's X-Runner give a heavy vibration during shut off? The shifter gives a nice wail from side to side as the engine dies down.

Just want to make sure its not something I have to take to the dealer for.

DOGSTOY06

Banned
Reaction score
Bro, I think I would get to the shop ASAP that doesn't sound normal to me.just to be sure.too expensive a toy to mess up maybe worse by neglecting it.:top:

ddongbap

Reaction score
Koo. I can't remember if it happened since I got the car or not. Does your engine die down smoothly? Or does the shifter move around just a tad?

I, for a little bit, thought it was just the big fatty 4L cly. comming to a stop. Since the redline is at 5.5k, with a nearly square engine, the cly. must be some big suckers.

But yea, I guess I'll get it checked out. I wasn't neglecting it btw, otherwise I wouldn't be posting!

Thanks again brah.

SUODRAXAH

Reaction score
Anyone else's X-Runner give a heavy vibration during shut off? The shifter gives a nice wail from side to side as the engine dies down.

Just want to make sure its not something I have to take to the dealer for.
Mine does the same exact thing, i dont think its anything major. I noticed it the first time i shut it off and it only had 150miles on it. It still does it and im at 1200mi now. I guess ill just mention it next time i bring it in :dontknow:

WisconsinX

Reaction score
Mine does it. If I'm just backing out of the garage to get it out of the way as soon as I shut it off it shakes. It seemed to do it a lot more after I put the CAI in. I don't think its anything to worry about.

ddongbap

Reaction score
Sounds good. At first, I thought it was the custom straight pipes that were causing it. But when I went back to stock, due to a fix it ticket, The problem didn't go away.

xmoney

Reaction score
Mine has been knocking a lot lately when i shut it off. Sounds like the valves are getting ready to pop out. lol

XRunninTaco

Reaction score
my truck vibrates a lil ... but not a whole lot ... i got use to it already ...

Xacto

Reaction score
mine does it too. always has. sometimes more so than other times it's random.

MistaGXR06

Reaction score
I noticed mine does it a little more now that I have put the CAI on.

TahoesHateMe

Reaction score
Its normal. Mine does it, and for the year I worked at Toyota almost all the ones I worked on did it. We even compared it to a new truck with 7 miles on it. It did it also.

X-Rizzo

Reaction score
Mine does it and so did my old 2000 Tacoma, I think it's normal.

XrunDan

Reaction score
This is normal, any manual tranny will do this. Some less than others obviously. My old Prizm did it, but my truck does it worse. Nothing to worry about.

ddongbap

Reaction score
Just making sure. None of my cars ever did this during shutoff. I'm just going to assume the big pistons do some vibrating, because of sheer weight.

Come to think of it, I think it started when I put my KnN filter in.

It has the same effect when I hold the throttle open, on a cable based throttle. Basically just air being compressed in the cly. w/o any combustion. Wonder if its the samething.

In any case. If its normal, then I won't worry. I just don't want to think nothing of it, if it was a problem.

CursedRacing

Reaction score
Try checking your engine mounts? Maybe some stiffer mounts are in order!

Cursed

Top Bottom