Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

help code after cai

COMEGETSOME

Reaction score
We put in a TRD cold air intake and we are getting a maf light now. Any ideas, suggestions?

Baggins44

Reaction score
Did you unplug the battery?

I believe you have to unplug the battery so the ECU can relearn it, either that or drive it around for a little

Outburst

Reaction score
first off, what code are you getting? driving it for a little bit won't turn off any CEL no matter how long you drive

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
The style that has a flat filter in it?

MplsX

Reaction score
first off, what code are you getting? driving it for a little bit won't turn off any CEL no matter how long you drive

With a "hard code" you are correct, with a "performance code" not so much.

Outburst

Reaction score
With a "hard code" you are correct, with a "performance code" not so much.
i was always under the impression that CELs turn on because it's not within some boundaries of the ECU. driving around thinking the CEL will suddenly turn off is like saying our ECU is "learning." i dont think our ECU actually learns, or else we wouldn't have to reflash if you got a sc. or get a piggyback like the maf cal, or get the UCON/X1. and maybe if the ecu actually learned then the trd cai gen 2 wouldn't have a problem, because the ecu would just learn out of it. plus throughout open loop the ECU will go through its hardcoded ratios and forget about the WRAF if i'm correct.

it's best if we get the codes so we can all help him out and properly diagnose what exactly is going on.

he could also have the gen 2 trd cai which is known to throw a code. URD sells the mafcal with a trd cai gen 2 table in it to correct the problem as well as give a performance boost

Last edited:

COMEGETSOME

Reaction score
no I did'nt rest batt. yes it's pluged in yes it's the flat filter the code is maf somthing

MplsX

Reaction score
i was always under the impression that CELs turn on because it's not within some boundaries of the ECU. driving around thinking the CEL will suddenly turn off is like saying our ECU is "learning." i dont think our ECU actually learns, or else we wouldn't have to reflash if you got a sc. or get a piggyback like the maf cal, or get the UCON/X1. and maybe if the ecu actually learned then the trd cai gen 2 wouldn't have a problem, because the ecu would just learn out of it. plus throughout open loop the ECU will go through its hardcoded ratios and forget about the WRAF if i'm correct.

it's best if we get the codes so we can all help him out and properly diagnose what exactly is going on.

he could also have the gen 2 trd cai which is known to throw a code. URD sells the mafcal with a trd cai gen 2 table in it to correct the problem as well as give a performance boost

Modern cars and trucks have short term and long term memory. The long term memory is used to adjust fuel, spark and other things as the vehicle ages and wears.
In the days of OBD1 it was often easy to read codes, but if the vehicle had an alarm or a radio code I often had to drive the car to erase the code. If the ecu detects a fault and then after 3 trips or so the fault has not reappeared the cel is shut off.

I have "repaired" performance faults by simply driving the car. Had a car in the shop recently that had the "catalytic converter operating below efficiency" code. The owner admitted that he only used the car for short trips and he didn't want to spend the big bucks for a cat. I drove that car long and fast on the freeway three times. I got that cat really hot and the cel went away.

I do agree that knowing the OP cel code would be very helpful. Lets hope that he tells us what it is.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
It is the common code that is associated with the 2nd gen TRD intake. Someone might know the actual number.

COMEGETSOME

Reaction score
the code is po101

It is the common code that is associated with the 2nd gen TRD intake. Someone might know the actual number.
he said code po101 I pulled it back out and cleaned it so i just had the code cleared crossing my fingers

Last edited:
Top Bottom