Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Help differential fluid

THE MACF

Reaction score
Where do I put the new fluid in at? The 1 " plug on the back of the diff by the sway bar or the tiny silver plug on top off to the drivers side?

DoubleD

Reaction score
the plug right in the back if you have some kind of a trans pump its much easier

Reaction score
It's the bolt by sway bar, 22, 23, or 24mm can't remember... For a fact bigger than 21mm cuz that's all I had at the time I did mine and went out to get the right size...

Good luck with the pumping, it'll take a little while...

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
bottom bolt is the drain. Top bolt is the fill hole. I always use a 15/16" wrench. Make sure you can get the fill plug out before you drain it completely.
Fill it until it overflows out of the top hole and you are good to go. Make sure you use a gear lube with LSD additive :top:

Stevenredx

Reaction score
:top: _________

Attachments

• diff.jpg
    diff.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 103

rich017

Reaction score
Just drop the spare and you can pour it in the diff right out of the bottle

THE MACF

Reaction score
Yes thank you everyone, especially Steven. I'm running Royal Purple 75-90 in the diff and transmission. The tranny is a lot smoother now. Going into 1st is still a little notchy but up and downshifting have smoothed out immensely. I put in about 2 1/4 Quarts in the tranny.

Top Bottom