Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Help finding a Tire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpmspeedyblue

Reaction score
Need help finding a tire- Goodyear discontinued the size I use on the X-runner anyone know of a place that would carry or be able to get the tire ? Help would be greatly appreciated. The size and tire is 255/45 ZR18 103y Goodyear eagle F1 all season Ultra Performance.

Gary Huard

Reaction score
Greetings from across the USA. I grew up in your area of California. In regards to your question. I happen to be on the phone with a acquaintance at tire rack and I told him that I was needing the Goodyear F1 tire. He told me that that tire has yes been discontinued. But the reason Goodyear pulled this tire from their lineup was because of how noisy they were. It is my understanding that they were even noisier than the BFG's KDW's. He said that they sounded like a roaring monster truck when you had a staggered tire size. But you probably already knew this by now. I have been in your situation in the past. I have had the best luck just getting on the phone and calling as many dealers as I could to see if they had one or two of this particular tire. Sometimes I was able to locate a dealership that was just not capable of unloading this particular size and brand of tire.

Good luck I hope I was able to somewhat help.

darthyota

Reaction score
Being your just running the stock size you shouldn't have any issue finding other tires that size the stock size also cross references with some full size mercades sedans

09XR

Reaction score
Need help finding a tire- Goodyear discontinued the size I use on the X-runner anyone know of a place that would carry or be able to get the tire ? Help would be greatly appreciated. The size and tire is 255/45 ZR18 103y Goodyear eagle F1 all season Ultra Performance.

Try KE Tire - 626 453 0493 - City of Industry somwhere
West Coast tire - 310 477 7057 - Los Angeles

...though given the size (a very popular one) you could do so much better than the F1, both price and quality. I know a lot of people here like the BFG KDW, but i think the Nitto NT555 is the best value/quality ratio. Good luck

rpmspeedyblue

Reaction score
Much appreciated on the reply and will try suggestions. I don't have the issue of noise on these tires. I read several reviews on these tires before I purchase them in 2009 . When these tires wear down I will probably try Nitto NT555. Thanx again for the replies and suggestions.

rich017

Reaction score
Since you just need one tire, stick with the same you have on there now. Those Goodyears are junk though. Actually anything Goodyear.

When getting new tires, look into the Continental DW, Hankook V12 Evo, and Michelin is also coming out with a new tire to replace the PS2 which is supposed to be the baddest tire around ever made.

butters607

Reaction score
Since you just need one tire, stick with the same you have on there now. Those Goodyears are junk though. Actually anything Goodyear.

When getting new tires, look into the Continental DW, Hankook V12 Evo, and Michelin is also coming out with a new tire to replace the PS2 which is supposed to be the baddest tire around ever made.

I vote Hankook all day long I have the ventus v12's and I'm am in shock how well these things bite and corner it's an unbelieveable feeling and they are fairly priced

rich017

Reaction score
I vote Hankook all day long I have the ventus v12's and I'm am in shock how well these things bite and corner it's an unbelieveable feeling and they are fairly priced

The V12's are a very good tire and for the price, I doubt you can find anything that touches them. Car and driver rated them the best tire because of the performance they got out of them during testing and the price for all that you get. The PS2 was like #4 or 5 I believe because the Continental DW was up there also.

burnboy

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the continental tires even tho their german. I see too many side wall bubbles on them. The bfg is a well wearing, sticky tire. $180 a tire in 255/45-18 tirerack.com

x20Runner05

Reaction score
They are so many good tires in our stock size its not even funny, its all in how much you wanna spend for quality.

sonic555u

Reaction score
I know a place u can get them but its a major distributing place Its called GOODYEAR Daniel tires in Santa fe springs, CA there on the corner of Sorenson and slauson the place is huge just go in from the back alley they work on alot of semi truck for the most part but there chill and help you out, good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom