Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Help, I need some opinions for tires.

Spicy Taco X

Reaction score
Right now I am looking for some tires to replace mine that are worn. I found some Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercars in the 255/45 18 for $120 per tire. This sounds pretty good to me, what do yall think? I don't know how much they go for normally, but I think these come on some Vettes.

Amarillo X

Reaction score
I work 4 Goodyear and yes that is a replacement tire
for Corvettes. When I get back to
the shop I'll check pricing and post up. I will say that alot of us run Nittos
with good results.

rich017

Reaction score
Right now I am looking for some tires to replace mine that are worn. I found some Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercars in the 255/45 18 for $120 per tire. This sounds pretty good to me, what do yall think? I don't know how much they go for normally, but I think these come on some Vettes.

That's a good price for those and they are a good tire. Tireeasy.com has those same tires for the price you just said. They are grippy on the vette also:smile:

Wayne R

Reaction score
F1 Supercar Tires are old technology....:rolleyez:

I would not put a set of these on a Manure Wagon.....:biggrin:

The first thing the Corvette boys do is put on a set of Michelin PS2......:smile:

Check the reviews.

However you can formulate your own opinions:

Have burned through 3 sets of these in 25,000 miles.

On the track, these tires are like race tires, get hot and stick like glue, until the fronts slide, which takes a very long time to recover from.

On the street, they are extremely noisy, harsh, and vulnerable to puncture. They also wear very rapidly, with the rears going quickly with any hard driving at all.

In the wet, these tires are dangerous, sliding and hydroplaning. If the temps drop below 40 degrees F, they are grip-less and impossible to predict.

We ran into a cold shower one fall evening which resulted in the rear coming loose on the freeway at 60MPH.

The grip was so poor the traction control and ABS function failed, leaving us in a ditch backwards.

I have also found that the tires puncture far too easily. Of 3 sets we've owned, 5 tires have had to be repaired from punctures - considering that in 35 years of driving I have had only 3 flats prior to this, it appears the SuperCars are not able to resist the same road hazards as most other tires.

I have decided that I will not purchase another set, and am opting other more modern tire designs, including the Mich. PS2 and Bridgestone 760 Sport.

The Supercars are just not a good tire overall, and have so little wear resistance that tracking them (where they work best) is not practical.

And the list goes on.............

Tires are the stock tires that came with the car, and for a while was the only tire you could get. At barely 6000 miles their is still tread left on the rear tires. BUT THE CORDS ARE SHOWING. Brand new their wasnt that much tread depth. If I had to guess their s still 50% depth left. Its a moot point. Can't ride on the cords. They are absolutely junk. They wear fast. Theyre hard as a rock. And hav practically no grip even when new. DO NOT BUY THESE.....Or any other Goodyear product. Never had anything good fom them ever no matter what tire

This tire is suprisingly grippy in dry conditions although the sidewall rigidity and steering response could be much better. They have a decent ride quality and so far are not that noisy at all. They do have horrible wet traction, especially in slighly cooler temperatures blow 65F on slightly damp roads. The deal-killer, however, is the atrocious hydroplaning tendancy at speeds over 50 mph. For that reason alone I would never buy these again. Things come unglued fast with 550 rwhp, and these leave the Shelby hopelessly dangerous if you get caught in the rain. I cannot recommend this sub-par tire design for daily driving. It is easily eclisped by offerings from Michelin and Bridgestone for similar money.

Last edited:

TRD-X

Reaction score
:hmmmm2: I don't like them. I use KDW 2 on the supra and I'm going to put them on the X. all tires have their plus &minu. Had good luck with the KDW, no problems here!:rockon:

Amarillo X

Reaction score
Pilot Sports are better and grippier
but ALOT of vettes due STILL use them. Each to his own...

Spicy Taco X

Reaction score
Well I opted for the F1 GS-D3 instead for $476 with a $50 mail in rebate, so it pays for shipping.

lowchef

Reaction score
tires

i have toyo proxes s/t on my x and i love them......guess there designed for sport trucks....they just came out with proxes s/t II which are probably better.....Toyo is short for toyota, so i guess there ment to be!

muzzyfsu

Reaction score
go with Nitto, Toyo, or Kumo for the best price/tire quality. I have Nitto Invos and they are amazing tires. Try http://www.discounttiredirect.com they are cheap and free shipping.

Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110 is also a good tire, and they have a $50 rebate on them.

Last edited:

sirspiroc

Reaction score
took me a long time to make my decision. i picked these last year, and they still have plenty meat and handles great wet and dry.
picture.php

wleldred

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Hankook VENTUS V12 evo. I looked at some the other day, look great. It's time for me to buy tires very soon.

TRD-X

Reaction score
I use KDW Cuz!! I like them and some of the guys don't. How much do you want to pay?:dontknow:

wleldred

Reaction score
I can get the Hankooks for about $50 less per tire. I just woundered if anyone has tried them.

TRD-X

Reaction score
Is that the stock size?? and if so what do you got to lose at that price Cuz.:top:Try them.

firesquare16

Reaction score
all i know is i got some junk Federal tires on here. i hate them. they are brand new when i got them truck but i can feel every tread block hit the pavement.

i had some Federals on my xB and they lasted 11 months.

TRD-X

Reaction score
all i know is i got some junk Federal tires on here. i hate them. they are brand new when i got them truck but i can feel every tread block hit the pavement.

i had some Federals on my xB and they lasted 11 months.
It all comes down to how much you want to pay Cuz.:top:

firesquare16

Reaction score
spicy are you looking for all season or directional, etc etc? the BFG's are the way to go or coopers in my opinion

Top Bottom