Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Help Please

Strangerthanlife

Reaction score
I just got Door Sill Protectors form Toyota to go on my X. I can fix computers really easy but not good with cars and trucks. Directions say to take the Door Scuff Plates. Anyone have any pointers for doing that. Directions also say to us 3M Prep Solvent-70 to clean the door sill before applying the Door Sill protector. Do I need to go buy that or can you just clean the paint really good???

Thanks and no I am not totally stupid just cautious and carefull.

Thanks...:driver:

Larry

07xrunner

Reaction score
I just got Door Sill Protectors form Toyota to go on my X. I can fix computers really easy but not good with cars and trucks. Directions say to take the Door Scuff Plates. Anyone have any pointers for doing that. Directions also say to us 3M Prep Solvent-70 to clean the door sill before applying the Door Sill protector. Do I need to go buy that or can you just clean the paint really good???

Thanks and no I am not totally stupid just cautious and carefull.

Thanks...:driver:

Larry
dont really understand what "take the door scuff plates mean " but as far as cleaning paint rubbing alcohol will work fine:top:

Strangerthanlife

Reaction score
Yeah I'm not sure what exactly that is... if it's the part the your foot rests on when the door is open --- simply pulled up on it. It has clips that pop out pretty easily. See my write-up here (step 3):
http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=5
Thanks, I knew I saw that write up somewhere but could not find it. Yes I am putting the black sill guard down just like you have in your photo.

Thanks....

Strangerthanlife

Reaction score
dont really understand what "take the door scuff plates mean " but as far as cleaning paint rubbing alcohol will work fine:top:

Well, give me five. I just finished with my 2nd Mod...I installed the black Toyota sill guards on the door sills. Looks good and will protect the paint on the bottom of the door when you get in an out...Was not hard as several had said it would be easy. Thanks...:top:

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No problem bro - glad to help! I didn't even know that was an option. I thought that it came on all of them.

Top Bottom