Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Help with decision

trd_sport

Reaction score
I'm getting a new headunit soon and am going with 1 of these 4. Pioneer Z1 or Z2 or the Eclipse 5510 or 6610. What are the things about the Pioneers you find appealing and the differences between the two models? and What are the things about the Eclipse units that you find appealing and the difference betweent hose two models? I'm confused basically on the features of each and why to get one over the other. Opinions please, it would help my decision easier:top:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
im still waiting for better things to come out then whats currently available; im not impressed by any of them for the money.

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Don't have either one, but i have heard a lot of good things on the eclipse units :top:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Everyone out now either has very poor pre-out voltage, poor features, poor equalizer options, poor something or other. There is no all in one perfect package on the market right now IMO. If I had to choose it would be the Eclipse. I wish Pioneer would step up to the plate and release something.

For the money of your high end units (with less then great features in one way or the other) you could build a in-car PC system and have something that does way more and that does it better.

Until something comes out that is a true all-in-one, does it all, best of the best features; I wont drop that kind of coin on an in-dash.

XxRuNnAxX

Reaction score
I heard the AVIC D3 is awsome... eclipses are good as well... just depends on your personal opinion

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
Since it's PC based, it should be highly customizable.

Lots of people have trust issues with Windows when it comes to stability. That's the only downside I could see. :dontknow: But I'm considering building my own carPC if I don't go with the Eclipse 6610 and I'd probably use Windows as my OS just because I'm more familiar with it.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Id go with a car PC over any HU on the market right now... A stripped XP that is setup right, some tweaks to the reg here and there, and an update or 60 and its stable as hell.

trd_sport

Reaction score
Id go with a car PC over any HU on the market right now... A stripped XP that is setup right, some tweaks to the reg here and there, and an update or 60 and its stable as hell.
Are there any car pc's priced evenly with the other headunits I listed? Any links would be doubly helpful. I'd be interesting in maybe putting sometime together, but dont have a clue where to start.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Are there any car pc's priced evenly with the other headunits I listed? Any links would be doubly helpful. I'd be interesting in maybe putting sometime together, but dont have a clue where to start.

You can make your own for less. Although 2 grand isn't a bad deal when your top end Pioneer costs more then that... I would put a WLAN card in mine, and with my truck in the driveway just beam music down to it that I want to listen to for the day form my computer lol. Or hang out on XRU from inside your X!

trd_sport

Reaction score
You can make your own for less. Although 2 grand isn't a bad deal when your top end Pioneer costs more then that... I would put a WLAN card in mine, and with my truck in the driveway just beam music down to it that I want to listen to for the day form my computer lol. Or hang out on XRU from inside your X!

That would be awesome...it seems like you tailor it to your needs if you knew what you're doing. Are they any websites or anything dedicatd to this so I could research it some more? This could actually help with my business as well...tax write off:laugh:

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
www.mp3car.com

There's a wealth of information on that site. Seems like too much at times :laugh: . It's a generally helpful forum with a few flamers of course. I'm not registered though. I just go there to read at times

trd_sport

Reaction score
www.mp3car.com

There's a wealth of information on that site. Seems like too much at times :laugh: . It's a generally helpful forum with a few flamers of course. I'm not registered though. I just go there to read at times
Thanks and I see what you mean...one of the threads was a mouse question that somehow got into questioning physics:dontknow: I'd like to have something custom to my needs, but the unit you mentioned looks pretty cool to me.:hmmmm2:

XrunnIT

Reaction score
Dang that is sick! I'm going to have to get me one of those.

trd_sport

Reaction score
Bump...the computer thing would be awesome, but I'm looking at the eclipse units again. Is there a difference between the eclipse 6600 and 6610? Do any of these double DIN units have an equalizer? I'm between the Eclipse 6610 and Pioneer z2 now...help with my decision as I am not able to play around with any of these units to figure out all the features and how well they work.

Hitman

Reaction score
I personaly have the 6610 eclipse Im loving it only thing I don't like is having to swap out my cd in case I want to watch a movie or vice versa. But then again a CD Changer would fix the problem :biggrin: other than that I have no complaints whatsoever oh and the rear view camera is amazing!!!! clarity at its best except when the sun shines on it theres a white line

heres my unit:

attachment.php

trd_sport

Reaction score
That looks nice, is there a difference between the 5510 and 6610?

Hitman

Reaction score
The Difference between the 5510 and the 6610 is, that the 6610 has two dvd slots :top: one for your Nav and the other for your CD/DVDs while the 5510 only has one you have to eject the Nav CD in order to put your DVD also the wheel controls plug directly into the eclipse and the 6610 has an IPOD interface, oh and it comes with the Sirius traffic

Top Bottom