Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Help with opinion on best 10" subs on the market

Jwall

Reaction score
Looking at buying new subs. I currently have a Solbaric 15 L7 07 and the box and grill looks and sounds great but the box is big for one sub. Anyone want one lol! great condition carpet ported box.

I want something different hard clear tight deep bass. What are the best 10" subs on the market.

Anyone heard of these guys?

http://www.t3audio.com/core.mdv/T2000.html

J_StradaXR

Banned
Reaction score
when i used to work in that business bakkkk in the day i used to see ppl who wanted 10'' subs they would buy

-MTX Jack Hammer Series nice clean bass.
-kicker L5 10.
-JL Audio 10''

but you also have to take into consideration the box which is going to be put in.

i had seen guys buy l5 12's and pay the big bucks for them and put them in small boxes in small trucks but they wouldnt get the full potential of the speaker. we put a CVR 12 and it sounded just as good as the L5 12 for less money. its just that that speaker requires a big box for that speaaker.

hope this helps:top:

Jwall

Reaction score
I definetly want something serious, I have a 4000 watt (2000 rms) U.S.AMPS Amp (Terminator) i want to make sure i use a good portion of that :laugh:

DERRIXRYD

Reaction score
Look at some competition subs like SMD or check out the db drag racing sites to see what they are using.

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
I am runnin 2 jbl 10's at 300 watts rms each in a tight custom ported box(thread to come) and they pound pretty good!!

Red_Hott

Reaction score
well I got two choices.....if you want a speaker that has a good clean bass with a good thump to it go with alpine type r's....if you want a speaker that slams and is competiton quality go with dd speakers (digital designs)....saw a guy at scrapin the coast this year hit a 164.2 on the meter in the bass competition with 2 dd 10's

SicilianMobster

Reaction score
Fi BTL or bl for big bass
I have two JL Audio 10w3d4 v2's and i cant be happier. Sound quality is amazing with a good low end..

rich017

Reaction score
ehhh, Type R's are nothing special IMO. Might as well get a Type X if you go Alpine.

Fi makes some SICK subs, the only issue is they usually need a pretty big box. Their BTL is good for spl and the Q is more of a SQ sub. They are around 1000+ RMS

VIPDreamin

"Mr. Incredible"
Reaction score
Look into some MMats subs. They hold good power and the box doesnt have to be huge. I have one of thier old school High Currents amps thats stable to 1/4 ohm. They make great stuff. i about to hook it up to a diamond d6 and see if it can hang..

dpollard04

Reaction score
I went from a kicker cvr 15" to 2 JL 10"s and from what Ive herd from 10s they can get ungodly loud but you wont be able to hit as deep as the 15. So if all your looking for is loud go for it if you like the deep notes stick with the 15.

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
If your running 2000 watt your should probably try an Orion HCCA, JL W7 or something along those lines. Did you put in two batteries with that amp?

InfernoX

Reaction score
I am running a Boston SPG555 with a memphis 1000, its one of the hardest, clear, and clean hitting systems I have had. I use to run 3 memphis 10s with the 1000 and it was loud as $h!t but this new boston blows them outta the water! :top:

Jwall

Reaction score
If your running 2000 watt your should probably try an Orion HCCA, JL W7 or something along those lines. Did you put in two batteries with that amp?

I have had it for sometime now and never had a single problem or slight flicker with stock battery. And i have upgraded leds all over, underglow. I did have a 20Farad power cap but it recently is in the fritz.
I have been looking to add another battery for some time now but just never got to it.

From what i hear the Orion HCCA is the way to go i am thinking or the RE MT but i am not that rich lol. The next RE grade down is fair priced and 1000watts rms. Worst case i will go with the W7 because i have heard many good things about it, but everyone has a w7 lol.

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_18537_Orion-2010-HCCA102-HCCA10.2-HCCA-10.2.html . I was going to get a Orion 10 from Sonic but it was on back order for 2 months when I was going to order it and I got a killer deal from a local audio shop for a 13.5 W7. I got the 13.5 for 800 Canadian brand new. With duties and shipping even at sonics prices it was going to be over 1K for just the sub. I'm really happy with my JL sub but if you want really loud go with the orion HCCA... it will blow you ears apart.

x20Runner05

Reaction score
http://shop.mtx.com/p/l_230/MTX_Audio_24_JackHammer_Square_Subwoofer/listing.html
L20091030025819287.jpg

Oh wait you said 10" not 24" :laugh:

Top Bottom