Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Help with URD MAF Cal Install in Southern California

wlylwinstin182

Reaction score
As what the title says, I need help installing my URD Maf Calibrator. Actually to be quite honest, I need someone who has done one before to do it for me. Haha. I'm not that great with electrical work and wiring so I don't trust myself at all with installing this alone. Especially when it comes to messing with the ECU. If there is anyone in the Southern California area that is able to help a fellow X owner out, that would be huge. I am willing to pay you for your services with hard cash or icy cold brews or both. Any way is good with me. Thanks.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
You really need to talk with SDXrunner. Out of SD. He just finished up tuning his maf cal.

wisenthefools

"Ricky Bobby"
Reaction score
It really aint that hard man. If you've any desire in being able to tackle things yourself, it's a great teacher. It just takes some patience and getting your hands/slodiering gun in some akward positions. If you take your time and follow the instructions to a T, check and double check, make sure your connections are solid...thats all there is to it. I'd never even soldiered before, just practiced on some junk wire and I was able to get it done fairly easily.

dramad1

Reaction score
I'd be willing to lend a hand. I'm down here in Diego though. I had mine in for quite a while now. I think the hardest part is finding the wires in the ecu. Tight area to work in. I just labeled all the wires I was gonna be working with, with some masking tape and just did one at a time. I recommend a good pair of wire stripers. And solder. I didn't solder mine still need to. If you plan on using t taps I would make sure you use the right size. I used the blue ones first and they were to big had to go and get the 18g red ones. Blue one wouldn't penetrate the sheathing.

Top Bottom