Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HELP!!! Won't Start!!!!

Jeremias

Reaction score
My XR won't start. When I turn the key the starter just clicks, and when I push started it i couldn't use any radio, lights, or A/C or it would stall out. WTF??? Please help.:rolleyez:

TacoInvader

Reaction score
Sounds like it may be a dead battery or alternator.. But since it's the radio, lights, ac, and it's stalling sounds more like the alternator.

Jeremias

Reaction score
Fog lights, clutch, cig lighter like a week ago.

GR8DANE

Reaction score
check the alternator...the belt probably broke or just came off....i had a 92 eclipse and it had those exact symptoms....it was my alternator belt...well it was the fact that it wasnt there anymore...lol:biggrin:

GR8DANE

Reaction score
Its got to be the alternator then...i'd have it checked by the dealer if noone can help on here:top:

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Check the alternator fuse. This happened to mine about two months ago and I thought it was the alternator... turned out that the fuse had blown somehow. Personally, I didn't even realize the alternator HAD a fuse of it's own - but after a trip to Toyota service, that's what they said the problem was and it was fixed at no charge. But, check that - it could save you a trip. :top:

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
:dito:Listen to K2. If it's not the fuse, go to Sears and have them check your electrical system. They'll do it for free (at least they used to).

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Where is this fuse, and what number is it?

I have no idea... like I said, I didn't know there was one! :laugh: We have a couple of Toyota Master Techs on here that could probably tell you.

Jeremias

Reaction score
Thanks alot but it was the battery. I took it to Toyota and they replaced it for me. I wonder why a 2 month old battery died in the first place...

Top Bottom