Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Here is the Barcelona Red Ladies and Gents

HiTek21

Reaction score
It looks pretty awesome, it's like the RR got a little sun tan.

overdriven

Reaction score
I gotta say (and try to be unbiased), that I think I like the "POP" of the RR as well. But I do really like the pearl that they added to the BR. I've got an idea for paint on my truck... just gotta see if the old budget can manage it. I may go get a quote in the next couple of weeks.

First Congrats on the X diggin the BR. But I think I know wher ekilints going with his idea. It would be interesting to see what the pearl they used with it, would look like on a lighter/brighter base coat. Might make it 'pop' more like the RR and still have that depth and shimmer. Just a FYI klint

Pearls and Candys used to be a 3 stage paint job. Basecoat color, The translucent pearl/candy, then clear. Pearls/Candys are a pain to spray and get even, especially panel to panel and cost more (labor and material) due to this and the time involved.

But Pearls and Candy's are now availible in a 2 stage system (base, clear) making application easier and less expensive (labor side at least). The downside is they are availible mostly in factory colors, although specialty paint suppliers like House of Kolor and others might have other selctions, or can mix up your own concoction if desired.

Vince77

Reaction score
Congrats on the new X. The new red is nice. It looks alot better in person. In pics it looks almost the same as RR. But being partly color blind doesn't help. :rolleyez:

shook

Reaction score
That looks really nice, congratulations :driver:

ACEE-TL

Reaction score
hum...I think I can agree with everyone else. It doesn't have that "POP" to it like the RR. But it still looks good. Congrats.

I think the name should be itsrealy4acee :biggrin:

crown14

Reaction score
First Congrats on the X diggin the BR. But I think I know wher ekilints going with his idea. It would be interesting to see what the pearl they used with it, would look like on a lighter/brighter base coat. Might make it 'pop' more like the RR and still have that depth and shimmer. Just a FYI klint

Pearls and Candys used to be a 3 stage paint job. Basecoat color, The translucent pearl/candy, then clear. Pearls/Candys are a pain to spray and get even, especially panel to panel and cost more (labor and material) due to this and the time involved.

But Pearls and Candy's are now availible in a 2 stage system (base, clear) making application easier and less expensive (labor side at least). The downside is they are availible mostly in factory colors, although specialty paint suppliers like House of Kolor and others might have other selctions, or can mix up your own concoction if desired.

Yeah im wondering if this is like a candy red with a gold base under... at least on this old monitor thats what it looks like. i went to the dealer but didnt get a good look at t BR truck cause they didnt have any.

gregincali

Reaction score
Im not too hot about cop catcher red trucks but that looks bada$$.......:top:

cbfields4

"The Wedding Crasher"
Reaction score
Blood Red.... Thats a good name for it... Thanks guys for the comments...... Would never have gotten the truck if it wasn't for this website and all the people on here that make this website happen.... You all Rock!!

:rock:

Screen Name Ideas::idea:

-Bloody X
-Bloody Mary
-Young Blood (it is a 2009)

xrun

Reaction score
My BR 09

Here's mine after a bit of tlc.

Attachments

• Xrunner.jpg
    Xrunner.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 139

Dallas

Reaction score
looks good! I still like the RR, but at least it won't turn pink on you.

05 X-R

Reaction score
Makes my repaint color choice even harder...

Top Bottom