Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hey Gadget what are URD Power Seats

Stevenredx

Reaction score
22653790086_large.jpg

ntinhri

Reaction score
in one of our va beach meets I got some pics of his seats.. but good luck finding them its not like we dont meet offten

rich017

Reaction score
k. Now it's time to see what those brackets look like

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
When he took me for a ride in his truck in dec/07, i fell in love with those seats. Espically after he stomped on the skinny pedal and pushed me back into them. If they were so expensive on EBAY, i would have gotten a pair of red ones already!!!!

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score
they are GTO seats... how does that make them URD?

Gadget

Reaction score
they are GTO seats... how does that make them URD?

It doesn't. There is nothing URD about them. Just wanted to see how long it took for someone to notice and ask about them....

Gadget

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
Gadget,

would URD be able to sell Recaro or any other aftermarket seat companies? just wondering...

Jay

Gadget

Reaction score
Sure. The issue is the airbag system.

If you want to shut it down, no problem putting any seat in the truck. If you want to keep it working things get complicated.

Gadget

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
Sure. The issue is the airbag system.

If you want to shut it down, no problem putting any seat in the truck. If you want to keep it working things get complicated.

Gadget

that's very true...:hmmmm2: I wonder if that would work with the electronic adjustable that Recaro has...

or it has to be an OEM seat with airbag detectable cables? what other OEM/Aftermarket Power Seats would work with the Tacoma Air Bags?

Last edited:

Gadget

Reaction score
that's very true...:hmmmm2: I wonder if that would work with the electronic adjustable that Recaro has...

or it has to be an OEM seat with airbag detectable cables? what other OEM/Aftermarket Power Seats would work with the Tacoma Air Bags?

I figured out the driver's seat air bag sensors. That was very easy.

The passenger seat has 4 strain gauges at each corner to measure the weight in the seat.

I was able to rig it up so that the airbag system would clear the self test, but there is no way it will fire the passenger airbag properly because it is not getting the correct weight reading of the passenger.

Gadget

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
I figured out the driver's seat air bag sensors. That was very easy.

The passenger seat has 4 strain gauges at each corner to measure the weight in the seat.

I was able to rig it up so that the airbag system would clear the self test, but there is no way it will fire the passenger airbag properly because it is not getting the correct weight reading of the passenger.

Gadget

ah that kind of sucks. I really wouldn't know how to wire either...but thanks for the info bro.

Jay

Grumpy

Reaction score
Is this weight sensor standardize? At least among Toyota vehicle. I mean, say 4Runner seat has the same sensors, would that plug right up and work? Or are they "tune" for specific vehicle?

Perhaps other manufacture also, Evo & STi seats are awfully nice. Not sure if they have sensors or not.

Gadget

Reaction score
Not sure, but there is a complex recalibration procedure that you need on of those fancy Toyota TechStream scan tools for.

Anytime the seat is removed and reinstalled it is supposed to be recalibrated. I will bet that there is some serial number in the computer box in the seat that will not be accepted by the airbag brain. I guess if you have a 4Runner there you can yank out the passenger seat and plug it in and see if it works or not.

Gadget

Super Werty

Reaction score
Ive taken my seats out several times...my light still works fine:top:

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
My airbag light has been on for a while too :hmmmm2: I thought it might be because I haven't reconnected the off-auto switch near the radio.

Top Bottom