Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HID and headlight questions

sweetwilliebrownjr

Reaction score
Well, as my headlights have to be replaced from my accident, I plan on going with black headlights and HIDs. My questions are: what's a good hid kit that won't burn out like the cheap ones, but at a reasonable price? What black headlights are decently priced and won't fog or fall apart. I don't want halos. I've been looking at options on eBay, but there's so many and I'd prefer to have feedback from you guys that have already dealt with all this before I jump. Thanks.

JiNsEiGaNaI

Reaction score
sorry for late reply, but i was just going through all of the old forums! I suggest(prob late) but oem headlights, open and spray watever black or watever color! then hids, u could go retro! i highly suggest that u go retros!

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Go with babyboi setup. I dont recall if he has HID kitsbut if he doesnt let me know and I can get u an awesome kit shipped to ur door for a good price, but please do ask him first as he has paid his vendor fees and i have super respect or him n his work...ive thought about doing the same but am unsure if he supplies kits as well.

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
Whitebeauty said:
Go with babyboi setup. I dont recall if he has HID kitsbut if he doesnt let me know and I can get u an awesome kit shipped to ur door for a good price, but please do ask him first as he has paid his vendor fees and i have super respect or him n his work...ive thought about doing the same but am unsure if he supplies kits as well.

Thanks bro i appreciate that. I can get hid kits if you want...and I can get you a retrofit projector kit also. Since you don't want halos you can leave the wires disconnected. It's no change in price to leave them off or add them....they come on all kits. I will be ordering kits Friday as soon as everyone sends their payment.

Workman3886

Reaction score
HID alone are awesome, but with projectors they really split the light output evenly, plus with the cutoff line you won't blind oncoming drivers!

Babyboi's kits are honestly the best bet, they're great kits all around, and like he said, if you don't want the halos, don't wire them in.

Zibilich

Reaction score
does babybois kits come preassembled? or does the buyer have to put it all together?

I too am looking for a decent HID kit, i used to preach DDMtuning, but they're quality has gone down the drain in the past few months. The original kits i put in my Civic, my moms Odyssey, and brothers Ram all still work. but ive gone thru countless balast's and bulbs on all my other friends vehicles and whatnot...

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
Zibilich said:
does babybois kits come preassembled? or does the buyer have to put it all together?

I too am looking for a decent HID kit, i used to preach DDMtuning, but they're quality has gone down the drain in the past few months. The original kits i put in my Civic, my moms Odyssey, and brothers Ram all still work. but ive gone thru countless balast's and bulbs on all my other friends vehicles and whatnot...

It comes ready to install in your headlights. I can help you out with it if you want.

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
Zibilich said:
So you have to cut into your stock housings?

You have to make a small notch but other than that you just have to open your headlights...same as doing the BHLM

Fulgore2356

Reaction score
HI,
I got my new headlights which work find no problems there. I am working on installing retrofit in my fog lights. Got only two question, What temperature to set oven for? How long to "cook"?
Thank you, I hope I posted it in right place.

Workman3886

Reaction score
I assume the fog lights would be the same for the BHLM, here is the link:

http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=70

"As far as temperature, I found that 305 degrees for about 9 minutes works well. Remember, preheat the oven and then once you put the light in there, turn the oven off. While baking try to avoid opening the oven to check on the light. This will prolong the heating process."

Fulgore2356

Reaction score
I google this and some guy complaint that he melted his fog lights when he did 305. So he recomends 250-275 for 2 minutes. I lost a link and seems I can't find it again.
Bumer.

indyxr

Reaction score
for "baking" headlights ive heard of 4 different ways and temps

what worked for me with my aftermarket projectors is to preheat the oven at 350. TURN THE OVEN OFF then immediately place the headlights on a baking sheet for 10 min. careful when taking them out and carefully pry them open.

before putting your headlights in making you take out all bulbs, basically anything that can be removed, remove. all rubber peices etc. make ure all your electrical connections are touching anything that already hot.

it may be a little messy with the sealant but if its too mesy or seems like it could be easier you can try warming them up longer but just make sure the oven is off so direct heat wont ruin anything and just keep a close eye on it

redarkx

Reaction score
You HAVE to turn the oven off before you stick the lights in the oven or they will melt.

Fulgore2356

Reaction score
Well, today i try multiple times, and no luck got tired just cut whole on back of fog lights and install fog projectors. All looks good. Now I am trying to remove moisture in fog lights. There is small whole on top of fog lights so moisture can evaporate. I am putting them in oven 150F and keep them there until moisture vaporize. If anyone have any idea how to do better let me know.

X-RunnerMike

Reaction score
baby... I work at a custom shop and we have access to several brands of HID kits. I'm curious as to what brand the kits you get are and what their prices are.

indyxr

Reaction score
Well, today i try multiple times, and no luck got tired just cut whole on back of fog lights and install fog projectors. All looks good. Now I am trying to remove moisture in fog lights. There is small whole on top of fog lights so moisture can evaporate. I am putting them in oven 150F and keep them there until moisture vaporize. If anyone have any idea how to do better let me know.

oh for fog lights.... to my knowledge fog lights dont have to be baked. i also think there is another seperate thread for removing the housing and takig it apart. miht want to check that out possible in the "how-to" section

Top Bottom