Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HID bulb ?s

Xtacy

Reaction score
What is the orientation of the bulb if it's installed in your headlight and you're outside of your truck looking at it straight forward? My light has the bulb n also has like a half moon silver thing partially covered the side of the bulb...right now my light on both sides look like this..furthest outward is the half moon then inward is the bulb

In conclusion my lights are shining straight up like ten feet in the air and I tried to adjust it as much as possible but still no go

808XR10

Reaction score
What is the orientation of the bulb if it's installed in your headlight and you're outside of your truck looking at it straight forward? My light has the bulb n also has like a half moon silver thing partially covered the side of the bulb...right now my light on both sides look like this..furthest outward is the half moon then inward is the bulb

In conclusion my lights are shining straight up like ten feet in the air and I tried to adjust it as much as possible but still no go

my other cars are like that no wonder they all stick finggah at me when i drive at night lol...what brand are those?

myxruns

Reaction score
So do mine.... I get people flashing me all the time cause they think my high beams are on...

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
Do you have hi/lo bulbs or just low? Usually the silver "half moon" piece is for the high beam part of the bulb (on the kits I've seen). Honestly hids suck in anything thats not a projector. Even if they are adjusted right you will still have light shining onto oncoming traffic that was there before but way less noticeable. The hid kit I use to have was a mechanical type bulb where when you turn the high beams the bulb would retract into the plastic piece and shine onto a different part of the shroud thing on the bulb. But I got rid of that crap cuz I got tired of everyone flashing me at night...then I went to a projector retrofit kit.

holddeez08RR

Reaction score
The reflector part, from my experience is supposed to be at the bottom, hence shining the light back to the top part of the headlight housing.. This then causes the light to shine down toward the street and away from peoples eye... I do not believe the half moon piece should be on the side, it should be on the bottom

Xtacy

Reaction score
The reflector part, from my experience is supposed to be at the bottom, hence shining the light back to the top part of the headlight housing.. This then causes the light to shine down toward the street and away from peoples eye... I do not believe the half moon piece should be on the side, it should be on the bottom

I'm trying this out tomorrow...that does make sense. I took out my HiDs for a safety inspection and had them perfectly aimed before, not they're totally off and bugging me

HIexpectations

Reaction score
You can adjust it...all it takes is a little screwdriver and losen it a bit, then you can slide it around the groove its in..i jus took mine out and now my 6k jus lights up the whole damn road haha :top:

Xtacy

Reaction score
^ I've been trying to adjust it for the past 3 nights n I bottomed out on the adjustment screw n still it's shining high up

mixplate_xr

Reaction score
^ I've been trying to adjust it for the past 3 nights n I bottomed out on the adjustment screw n still it's shining high up

I believe he was talking about the shield that's on the bulb.

Top Bottom