Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

hood scoop

46&2_X

Reaction score
when driving, air blows into scoop... it is purely aesthetic

that being said, when it's opened up, you can see the inside of the hood that is not painted as well as the outside of the vehicle, so when you look closer it actually looks worse.

Fixed :top::crinklehair:

Amarillo X

Reaction score
How do you remove it? Are there rivets to drill
out? And if it was funnelled to the CAI would
the engine still get filthy? If we can get a vendor to
make the scoop functionalbsign me up!!!

TRD-X

Reaction score
:top:It's that funky toyota melted plastic thing. I was working on it today! grind and drill

TRD-X

Reaction score
X-RUNNER 001.jpg:ahhhhh:OK Guys, need to know. My 06 bsp to 08 swb change to X toyota put rivets on 08 total of 3. Problem you might run it to one rivet started spinning when I was drilling, I used small vice grips to hold it . Will keep you up to date on this today!:rockon:

TRD-X

Reaction score
X-RUNNER 001 (2).jpg:top: Guys Ok! carefully remove the fake vent, note on the back side I used some small wedges after lifting the plastic up. Slide it out the back side and you got it out .note watch your paint! :rockon:

Last edited:

TRD-X

Reaction score
X-RUNNER 004.jpg:top: Must read! ok takes less than one hour. I took the fake vent apart will save parts. (note tape off your paint) I put mesh back in and riveted it in the old holes, I'm going to over lay with billet grill so you will not see it. Gives the scoop some strength and something to attach the billet grill to. you will need these tools.

1=drill
2=vise grips
3=rivet tool
4=rivets
5=masking tape

Keep your old parts. good luck!

Attachments

• X-RUNNER 001 (2).jpg
    X-RUNNER 001 (2).jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 59
Top Bottom