Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hood Sticking

Barcelona X

Reaction score
So for the past few weeks my hood has been sticking. the latch works just fine but the hood itself doesnt come up so you can get your fingers in to open it. Any ideas what it might be or is it something that a dealership needs to look at?? :thumpdown:

X-roller

Reaction score
are you talking about when you pull the hood latch under the steering wheel it won't pop up? or it won't pop open at all? Regardless it's probably the hood latch is malfunctioning or something is preventing the hood from popping open.... is it to close to your fenders?

Ray08BSPx

Reaction score
My hood doesn't pop up when i pull the release lever under the dash either. Last time i just crammed my fingers in the gap between the hood and grill to pop it up. :thumpdown:

dj_lucas840

Reaction score
Try unscrewing the rubber stops a little on both sides the hood! I used to have the grab mine by the scoop to get it to pop up! Didn't realize there was that much play with the stops, unscrewed them bout double what they were now it pops up fine!

x20Runner05

Reaction score
try pspraying some thick grease on the latch and work it back and forth usually works fine on customers trucks at work

PiNkY

Reaction score
I had the same issue WD-40 baby :top:

X-Run-X-er

Reaction score
give it a little love hit with the bottom of your fist and It will pop right up for you !

Top Bottom