Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Horn Relocated

bombs

"Affliction Guy"
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone else did it this way, but I just bent the brackets into an "L" shape, ran the wires through some of the hole on the drivers side and put my horns lower so that they couldn't be seen through the grill. One of those little things that you notice ;)
You can see where the horns used to be in the picture, but can't really see where I moved them so they're circled in the red.

Attachments

• Horn placement.jpg
    Horn placement.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 97

Venomous_X

Reaction score
looks real good man, but you didnt have to bend anything.... there is a 12 mm bolt down there you can put both brackets for each horn on there facing them up or down and just jump out an extension harness for the horns... It makes the RGM really pop! I miss mine already.

bombs

"Affliction Guy"
Reaction score
I tried to get that off, but it was stuck on there and I didn't have a socket that fit it. The crecent wrench was just stripping it. So, I went with the solution with what I had available which was my drill lol. I was impatient! And it looks a little cleaner I think.
Either way a great idea!

butters607

Reaction score
Yea but if you ever get a supercharger you will have.to move them!

XLR8

Reaction score
I did mine that way. Easiest to me.

bombs

"Affliction Guy"
Reaction score
Why would I have to move them in I had a S/C?
I've never noticed any issues, but then again I've never actually looked under the hood of another xrunner, especially not one with a S/C.

x20Runner05

Reaction score
looks real good man, but you didnt have to bend anything.... there is a 12 mm bolt down there you can put both brackets for each horn on there facing them up or down and just jump out an extension harness for the horns... It makes the RGM really pop! I miss mine already.
I still need to move the horns. Thanx again for the added feature to my truck Donny

Top Bottom