Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hotrodt's dyno runs with ls1

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
do i just need 3rd member or entier axle housing aslo? OH AND WHAT IS TTORA?

you need the third member AKA carrier and the gears. This will bolt right in place of the third member you have now. Depending on the year of truck you get the set-up from you may also have to swap the pinion flange that bolts to the driveshaft, but that's no big deal.

http://www.ttora.com/

Toon714

Reaction score
damn that is bad ass! time to boost that monster! :blurock:

hotrodt

Reaction score
how much are those stage 2.5 heads, and are they better that patriot stage ii heads? I was also looking into afr heads but for $2500 i wish i could find out which head gives you the best bang for your buck..
the heads are 1700 with your chouce of cam. My tuner told me to get these and thats what he runs on his 10sec car

Edgeman

Reaction score
the heads are 1700 with your chouce of cam. My tuner told me to get these and thats what he runs on his 10sec car

Where are you getting the heads & cam? Are they a matched set? Do you need to upgrade anything else (i.e. rocker arms)?

hotrodt

Reaction score
From texas speed and performance. Not a matched set but its a heads cam package and you get to choose a cam or have one custom ground. Dont have to up grade anything. They come with new pushrods and springs. also gives you an option to add new timing set and ported oil pump. even adding those 2 options it is onlt 1900.00

Edgeman

Reaction score
From texas speed and performance. Not a matched set but its a heads cam package and you get to choose a cam or have one custom ground. Dont have to up grade anything. They come with new pushrods and springs. also gives you an option to add new timing set and ported oil pump. even adding those 2 options it is onlt 1900.00

Thanks! I have an LS1 transplant project car too, although not a Toyota, and was wondering what way to go with upgrades. Thought about using LS6 heads/cam, but I'm always looking for a better, more cost effective upgrade.

Thanks!

Baggins44

Reaction score
Do you still have any stock functions left? a/c, gauges,etc.....

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
yeay!!! you only have to buy one cam now. Not 4....... :p

hotrodt

Reaction score
yea the cam for my truck is 379 :blurock:

How does it feel on the road now? Any differences in handling?
handles the exact same just dont have to bother with the clutch or changing gears. i must say quite nice.

Last edited:

SPEED-FREEK

Reaction score

I will look into that...sounds good, I am thinking of rebuilding the motor as well and probably building a stroker, should wake it up a bit..:biggrin:

T-stark

Reaction score
come over to ls1truck.com know they would love to see yalls swaps and alot of great info over there

T-stark

Reaction score
you can also find a used cam kit online on ls1truck.com, ls1tech.com or performancetrucks.net i found mine and got cam,spring,and pushrods for $400 with 3k on it not bad for a $800 kit and my buddy can get 243 heads for $440 brand new per pair

Murderface

Reaction score
Any reason u went with an auto trans instead of a T-56? Not knocking u at all because if the XRunner came with an auto trans option I woulda got that instead.

I would imagine the truck would handle better since the motor sits so low in the engine bay, lower center of gravity. Good to see u got it finished and running, I'd love to see that thing with a blower on it someday, it would be one sick as ride, not that it isn't already!

rexrunner

Reaction score
Woo woo nice man we will have to give them a whirl in Orlando. Glad to see its all running good. Gives me hopes lol

hotrodt

Reaction score
Any reason u went with an auto trans instead of a T-56? Not knocking u at all because if the XRunner came with an auto trans option I woulda got that instead.

I would imagine the truck would handle better since the motor sits so low in the engine bay, lower center of gravity. Good to see u got it finished and running, I'd love to see that thing with a blower on it someday, it would be one sick as ride, not that it isn't already!
I went w auto because I am tired of shifting gears. I just wanna sit back. And cruise. Plus with a shift kit and srall it will shift faster than anyone can shift a stick

Murderface

Reaction score
I feel exactly the same way about an auto tans as u do. I'm tired of shifting gears, the novelty has worn off in my 20's. My Dakota R/T was an auto(only came auto) and it had a shift kit in it, that thing was a blast to drive and would chirp 2nd gear when taking off at 1/4 throttle. Your right, with a trans set up with the proper stall converter and shift kit there's nothing out there that would be quicker then it shifting. My next ride is gonna have a big V8 with an auto trans, the only problem with owning an auto trans is that my wife would be able to drive it then:thumpdown:

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
I feel exactly the same way about an auto tans as u do. I'm tired of shifting gears, the novelty has worn off in my 20's. My Dakota R/T was an auto(only came auto) and it had a shift kit in it, that thing was a blast to drive and would chirp 2nd gear when taking off at 1/4 throttle. Your right, with a trans set up with the proper stall converter and shift kit there's nothing out there that would be quicker then it shifting. My next ride is gonna have a big V8 with an auto trans, the only problem with owning an auto trans is that my wife would be able to drive it then:thumpdown:

Weld the seat all the way back so she can't reach the pedals. Problem solved. :biggrin:

Top Bottom