Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

~How Good Are You~

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow - that took me a bit to find. Pretty scary. I had a friend almost step on one when we were kids - walking through the woods. I grabbed his arm and told him to STOP just as he was about to put his foot down on it. Could've been a very bad outcome if he had taken another step.

Vecte

"Fluffy"
Reaction score
Figured since this was already on page three....

foundch.jpg

This is the reason everyone should wear big thick boots when walking through the woods.

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
i guessed correct on this 1 but failed horribly on the corn on the cob...nice ones Ash...:top:

the blue taco runner

"Livin It Up"
Reaction score
I was wrong, I was looking somewhere different but it looks like maybe a second snake? :dontknow:

2006nightrider

Reaction score
Figured since this was already on page three....

foundch.jpg

This is the reason everyone should wear big thick boots when walking through the woods.

Thank you:adore:....I was looking at the damn picture for 10 mins and couldn't find it:argh:

Last edited:

rich017

Reaction score
I stepped on a 12ft Water Moccasin once. Scared the **** out of me! Thought I was going to get bitten and die

KETCHUP

Reaction score
took a while.....but me and my daughter found it.......

Thats a good one. Hate to be walking along his route though!!

Super Werty

Reaction score
Man I saw it instantly, note to self, let you guys walk in front of me in the woods:laugh:

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Venom

Although venomous, these snakes are generally non-aggressive and bites are almost never fatal. Copperhead venom has an estimated lethal dose of around 100mg, and tests on mice show its potency is among the lowest of all pit vipers, though slightly stronger than that of its close relative, the cottonmouth. The bite of a cottonmouth is more serious, however, as they have a much larger venom yield than a copperhead. Copperheads often employ a "warning bite" when stepped on or agitated and inject a relatively small amount of venom, if any at all. "Dry bites" involving no venom are particularly common with the copperhead, though all pit vipers are capable of a dry bite.
Bite symptoms include intense pain, tingling, throbbing, swelling, and severe nausea. Damage can occur to muscle and bone tissue, especially when the bite occurs in the outer extremities such as the hands and feet, areas in which there is not a large muscle mass to absorb the venom. A bite from any venomous snake should be taken very seriously and immediate medical attention sought, as allergic reaction and secondary infection are always possible.
Although technically the antivenin CroFab could be used to treat an envenomation, it is usually not administered for copperheads, as the risk of complications of an allergic reaction to the treatment are greater than the risk from the snakebite itself in most cases. The very few reported deaths from copperhead bites all involved multiple snakes. Pain management, antibiotics, and medical supervision in the case of complications is usually the course of action.[1]

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Thats why you carry a long ass stick, knife, or an ax.

Mess him up!

They get real pissy when you run over them with a brush mower.

BSP 05 X-Runner

Reaction score
Took me about 2.2 seconds to find it... I hate snakes, they scare the sh !t out of me :laugh:

Top Bottom