Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

how good is a cherry bomb (glass pack) sound and perform on the X

mighty maus

Reaction score
has anyone put a cherry bomb glass pack on there X. let me know how it is before i do it. thanks

XRobber

Reaction score
No.. BUT...
I know someone who put a straight through Magnaflow muffler on (pretty much the same exact thing as a glass pack)...
Didn't sound too bad... I guess it could have sounded a lot worse..

CBRBob

Reaction score
Glasspacks tend to blow out fast. Whatever you do, keep the WHOLE exhaust stainless or you will be changing sonething every 2 years.

XDsm

Reaction score
I don't like the raspy sound they give off. It's even worse on a non-V8 engine. Even when I had my TA with a ZZ4 I ran Flowmaster bc it sounded 10x better than it would through a glasspack. With our engines I prefer a more tuned and smooth sound. I rather run an actual muffler that will provide flow as well as give decent sound. A Cherry Bomb is basically a straight pipe.

Simplex Effect

Reaction score
I see yall found my Exhaust video.

Thanks for the comment. :p

Honestly I will be changing out the muffler soon enough for a better one, possibly the Flowmaster 40 Series. The glasspack was just a cheap alternative that did the job.

Last edited:

07SWB

Reaction score
go with a mangnaflow 18" muffler. its much much better sounding than a glass pack. its the same thing as the URD cat-back system but doesnt cost as much. i left my entire exhaust stock except removed the rear set of cats and changed the muffler. tailpipe is till there, and it sounds pretty mean. waiting to do a 2 1/2" custom y-pipe though.

mighty maus

Reaction score
thanks man i changed my mind and will oder a magnaflow muffler.. do u know the in and out sizes for the muffler? thanks

07SWB

Reaction score
my muffler is 2 1/2" in and 2 1/2" out. i didnt bother going 3" although you could if you really wanted to.

Top Bottom