Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How long do you plan to keep your XR?

How long do you plan to keep your X-Runner?

• 1-2 Years

Votes: 11 3.5%
  • 3-4 Years

Votes: 19 6.1%
  • 5-6 Years

Votes: 27 8.6%
  • I'm going to drive forever or until it dies!

Votes: 256 81.8%

• Total voters

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Why is such an old thread showing new posts on the list....roflmao! Anyhow; I love my truck and plan on keeping it for a while! Never had that thought about a vehicle, i change em out more than I change underpants.
Even if they didn't comment, voting makes it come of the "recent" thread boards.
Funny to see the answers and know that many have already sold theirs... :thumbdown:

madtrucker

Reaction score
I'm keeping mine for a good 10 or 15 years. I'd only get rid of it to buy a new 1.

cr$nXrunner

Reaction score
the x-runner has been my dream car since i was in highschool when the first model came out... after i came back from my first deployment in Iraq, i just had to buy one.... im keepin and maintaining this car forever

nick_gz1

Reaction score
I bought mine brand new 2011 deployed 3 months later now I get home PCS TO OKINAWA TWO MONTHS WHEN I GET BACK AND I CAN'T TAKE MY TRUCK. SO I GET BACK IN 3 years with a brand new truck all paid off ready to be modded. I'm just gonna go on a spending spree over the years and throw it all on when I get back! Can't wait......

o5oldblue

Reaction score
I bought it new and plan to keep it. I had a decent offer on it but I couldn't sell it.

sonic555u

Reaction score
Forever

I will never think of selling my X-runner its the love of my life my pride and joy. I remembered when it came out in 05 I was like 20 years old an when I saw it in magazines and the internet it was the most beautiful truck I have ever seen in my entire life. At that time i was really young with no job and broke but to me it was the ultimate super truck I remember reading that it could handle like a 350z to me it seem so unreal and crazy that a truck can do that. Then one morning i was driving and the freeway in my 1991 toyota pickup deluxe extra cab 22re engine with headers and intake I seen a red x-runner entering the freeway smoking everybody I gun it and try to catch up to it but my truck sway way too much switching lanes and my 22re was no match for a mighty 1gr-fe then i knew my goal in life would be to have that truck some day then I got a job at toyota manufacturing plant in long beach making only certain parts I saved my money for a year and bought and x-runner that I worked and sweet so hard to earn I remember how much my hands would hurt every day from spot welding but it was all worth it. To me there is nothing out there better than an x-runner.

AndreCon23

Reaction score
Well I just got mine and with the way these are built, I'm keeping it forever.

kcidmil

Reaction score
Well I would love to have an Audi S5, but I have too much money wrapped up in my XR to trade her off. The wife said I'd pay for it if I traded the truck (something about death)... lol.

Of course if I win the lottery... Black series here I come.

Click

Reaction score
Bought my 91 toy new and still have it. Bought the X this year and really don't want to deal with buying something else. I'm dumping money into a house now. I'm still keeping the 91 to haul trash and the dogs and short trips around town with 450,000 miles on it. Think I'll keep the X for awhile?

Murderface

Reaction score
It's amazing how u can go thru the posts and see all the current members who sold out not long after the thread was made.

Favorite quotes, " I'm keeping it forever" and " I'll pass it down to my kids"

Reaction score
Ha ha times change and so do people.

I am guessing 2-3 years more. On my 09 and upgrade to a 2015 if it is upgraded tranny, valve train and internals or just keep the heavily modded X

Murderface

Reaction score
Most of them changed their minds less then a year after posting....FAIL

Reaction score
We are the pioneers John and there is a few of us still around.
That are willing to keep up with the task at hand, improving at all costs. I like the XR!

Top Bottom