Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

how many North Carolina

Reaction score
Well I was born in the Naval Hospital in Jackconville. I'm not there now but I did spend three years there at Camp Lejeune (04-07). Someday I plan on returning for a little while, maybe around the Wilmington area.

Reaction score
I'm planning my vacation for June 9-12. Plan on driving from around Wilmington and up through the OBX. Taking a tent and sleeping bag with me to cut down on expenses.

drftxr

Reaction score
I just got my 08 around a month ago, Living in J-Ville NC

Reaction score
Well Gents, like I said, I'm going to be runnin' through NC down to Wilmington and all the way up OBX. Call it a cruize if you want to, would like to meet some of you guys and share some knowledge/tips. I'll be down June 9-12.

Fastmover1

Reaction score
Who want to check the Blue Ridge Pkwy so we can get an X-Fest going around the area. Nobody can makeup their mind on where to meet. I say Ashville NC would be a good place to start. The X-R from FL and LA and even IW could make it ( 12 hrs drive) for the party and PA, VA, MD could drive up fot it. It's a 12 hrs drive for the Canucks crew to get down. :hmmmm2:
Many of the car clubs get together at the Tail. 318 curves in 11 miles. And the best thing about it is when you get done, you can turn around and come back. The Tail website has an event calendar where car clubs can post when they are there. Also gives you an idea of how "busy" the road will be. http://tailofthedragon.com/
Trip before last on my bike, there were 7 Tennessee Troopers with radar in the 11 miles. Mind you, there are not many places to pull off.
Also there is The Snake. 489 curves in 33 miles. http://421thesnake.com/

Reaction score
I had a friend that did the Tail of the Dragon ride. He even had pic from it where there were electronic cameras that took your pics as you were passing by or something crazy like that. May have just been a photographer on the side of the road for all I know lol. Anyways, we have a few weeks to plan if any of you guys want to throw in a short cruise up the OBX. Make stops along the way at the lighthouses and such for photo ops and whatnot.

Top Bottom