Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How much for a front bumper, all spoilers and plastic?

Venomous_X

Reaction score
they can suck my ****.......I heard a crunch, but for the life of me, I cant find serious damage, until I get the plastic off....:dontknow:

Grumpy

Reaction score
You wife should know how you feel, and do her best to be an ambassador between you & your in-law. Repair should be paid in full to bring the vehicle back to the pre-lost condition. The fact that she didn't tell you about it is what gets me. Yeah sure $h17 happens, but stand up and take responsibility for crying out loud.:argh: Oh......and don't use your favorite tool on your in-law. Clean up will take even longer.

Just a story, you can skip this. My co-worker went through almost the same thing.... just a bit worse. So this might make you feel better.

His mother in-law ask to borrow the truck, '06 D-cab Tundra. Mint, air bag on 20s. She need to go buy some furniture. He knew what it was gonna happen as her vehicle is not well taken care of, but took the chance so not to be a selfish bastard. Got the key back at the end of the day, and did the walk-around. Guess what....she took out a pole along with the bed side, and put a fat gouge on the cab and rear door.:motz: Claim she didn't even notice it! Never saw a penny for the repair. I got to do 10 hours of body work and disassembly half the truck for near free, and he works 2 weekend for free also. Hope your situation turn out better his did.

Venomous_X

Reaction score
thank you BC....ok next question before you got your front spoilers off, did you need to remove the fender trim, or no? Poon Ill get with you sunday and maybe you can help me out, I aint fixing it then, but maybe you could give her a look over as well....Mr. Fix it! my hero! I have pics of the burnout trail she left in the grass as I walked out lol.....that really peed in my cornflakes too, I was on a high about just getting my mini ball from mothers for my wheels :bird: :banghead:

Dallas

Reaction score
Dang bro I feel for ya! probably the easiest way is just to pull the entire bumper cover off. it's not bad to remove, takes about 45 minutes, the cover will slide off with the spoilers attached, remove the grill shell first, there are some bolts and clips around the wheelwell that are a little hard to get at, 10 mm socket with extension, phillips head screw driver is about all you need if i remember right.

BlackCat

Reaction score
thank you BC....ok next question before you got your front spoilers off, did you need to remove the fender trim, or no?

Fender trim ? Are you referring to the insides of the fenders ? (the louvered thingies ?) If so, nope... Or are you referring to the front fender / bumper flares ? If so, nope... the bumper flare on the bumper side is attached to the bumper. The fender flare on the front fender is attached to the truck (I took mine off for other reasons, but not necessary). THERE IS ONE SCREW, HOWEVER, THAT HOLDS THE BUMPER TO THE FENDER AND IT GOES THROUGH THE FENDER FLARE PIECE)... hope this helps...

Venomous_X

Reaction score
Alright, Ill look into it tomorrow when I have a few spare mins.....Thanks for all the tips guys, from the pics that BC hooked me up with, I may only need to replace the front bumper Ill know more on the spoilers tomorrow....I dont like it being loose though :frown:

Coupe

Reaction score
I believe killing an in-law that smashes you truck is justifiable homicide in Louisana.

Grumpy

Reaction score
Does the spoiler feel loose? How many blue clips are on the ground? The taps on top that attach to the bumper is fragile and easily damage, I have a fix for it though. I'll hook you up when you get here. I'd lost 9 tabs between the 2 front spoiler.:thumpdown:

Venomous_X

Reaction score
we'll check it out brother :top: You excited, you'll finally rid your garage of a handful of parts Ive been holding over there :rofl:

Dallas

Reaction score
hopefully it didnt break the loop tabs that the blue clips go thru on the spoilers they are pretty fragile.

Grumpy

Reaction score
we'll check it out brother :top: You excited, you'll finally rid your garage of a handful of parts Ive been holding over there :rofl:

Nah....just wanna see how the piece I made look on your truck. Its gonna be tits!:rock:

If have no use for parts from previous incident, feel free to bring 'em.

hopefully it didnt break the loop tabs that the blue clips go thru on the spoilers they are pretty fragile.

Nothing little bit of aluminum & epoxy couldn't fix.:biggrin:

NixXR462

Reaction score
Dang that sucks to here Donny hopefully it isn't too bad. I have a piece of wire running from the end of my front spoiler to the tow hook holding it on tight from where a carwash ripped it off. Ghetto fabulous.

Venomous_X

Reaction score
booooooooo ghetto fabulous is not cool.....course with the cash Ive spent replacing body kit parts, paint etc, I could have bought a trd unit on ebay :frown: :banghead:

NixXR462

Reaction score
It doesnt bother me. You can't see it. Things I can see bother me like my small scratches and chips.

KETCHUP

Reaction score
damn Donny! That sucks. Right before a meet......:frown:

At least it was a Toyota Corola that hit u. Could have been a big Titan....:laugh:

Hope u get it fixed soon bro! Let us know how it goes.

trd_sport

Reaction score
Damnit!!!!

edit: I was just sitting here drinkin a bit and I started thinking about this. Heres what to do Pay for it yourself(evenn though that sucks azz) and be really pissed off at her for not owning up to it. She'll run away when ou come around because she owes you money and knows your pissed. So think about it....in a way for like 500 bucks you never have to deal with crap from your mother in law again.

Last edited:

X-Caliber

Reaction score
Man im missing near bout all those blue clips. Around here in the country area the roads arent real nice, and you bottom out now and then, which is a big no-no for out bodykits. So, 450$$ later and my bumper is repainted and fixed. Not two months later my girl and I are on our way to a party, she is driving, im *****ed up, and she hits a DRAIN PIPE and tears off a nice bit of paint. **** happens man. Yeah, it was an accident though.. but she should still man up to it. Anyway, bandaids are the best way to save you money man, metal brackets, some bolts&nuts to replace the black self tapping plastic screws, you'll be better off than when you started out with.

Venomous_X

Reaction score
you know Im glad you asked....Its getting estimated monday, MiL is going to pay either the repair, or the deductible, which ever is cheaper....like I said, you cant visibly see the damage, you feel it, and I have a pile of clips in my driveway....so its getting fixed :biggrin: Im happy, free paint job fix for roadcrap :biggrin:

BlackCat

Reaction score
Cool... good to hear that you won the stare down with the mom-in-law. :top:

Keep us updated on what the body shop finds with the X...

Top Bottom