Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

how to brake job

X-Caliber

Reaction score
You won't break those 14mm bolts, promise. I used a cheater bar while under the truck and got them good and tight. But that's just me being a redneck, if you want the actual numbers i couldn't help ya.

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
Check to see how much it take to brake it loose. You could put a drop of LOCTITE (medium strengh) on the tread when you put it back in

FireB

Reaction score
You won't break those 14mm bolts, promise. I used a cheater bar while under the truck and got them good and tight. But that's just me being a redneck, if you want the actual numbers i couldn't help ya.

Don't call yourself a redneck!
LOL
But thanks for the info about how strong that 14mm is.

Check to see how much it take to brake it loose. You could put a drop of LOCTITE (medium strengh) on the tread when you put it back in

Will due.
I just did a URD Short Shifter and dabbed some Loctite on it, so I will use that again.
Thanks!

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
Would anyone have the part # for the HAWK HPS brake pad for the X

BlkRunner

Reaction score
So I'm a little late on this but it seems as if the 'how to' on the first page of this thread doesn't apply to the 05-07 XR's, at least not mine. I believe I have the single piston caliper (same as the picture on the first page) which have the two rods with cotter pins and 'V' spring. It seems as of I just have to take the caliper off and do it the old fashion way, can anyone confirm? I was excited to see how easy that was until I pulled my wheel off.. Any help is appreciated.

dramad1

Reaction score
Just put my trd pads on!! A year later. Lol. Still need to throw on my ss lines. This will have to wait another Lil while as I am about to go get 2 new tires!
Pulled the tires and am showing metal on the drivers side inner wheel. Looked as though it was rubbing on something but I can see no signs of where. I don't see any rubber anywhere underneath. Passengers side was a Lil worn down on the inside as well.
When I went and got an alignment after my drop and again after my last set of tires, they got it in as close as they could with in spec. I forget the numbers. Both tires for the most part wore pretty evenly, just the inner 2"'s or so have pretty good wear on both sides. The drivers side got it the worst! Fml.
So after calling the local tire shop, the only tire they can get me before Wednesday nxt week is the nitto nt555's. $175 a pop. I can only afford two at the moment. I tried to see if they could get the v12's, kdw's and nothing for at least a week. Only other option was kuhmos and I couldn't do them again. They were okay for around town tire but they sucked for the price. I had to get a set of them last time, all they had at the time readily avail and I needed to go to work the nxt day.
So dude just called me and said he will have my tires by 3pm this afternoon.

autobodyX

Reaction score
Just put my trd pads on!! A year later. Lol. Still need to throw on my ss lines. This will have to wait another Lil while as I am about to go get 2 new tires!
Pulled the tires and am showing metal on the drivers side inner wheel. Looked as though it was rubbing on something but I can see no signs of where. I don't see any rubber anywhere underneath. Passengers side was a Lil worn down on the inside as well.
When I went and got an alignment after my drop and again after my last set of tires, they got it in as close as they could with in spec. I forget the numbers. Both tires for the most part wore pretty evenly, just the inner 2"'s or so have pretty good wear on both sides. The drivers side got it the worst! Fml.
So after calling the local tire shop, the only tire they can get me before Wednesday nxt week is the nitto nt555's. $175 a pop. I can only afford two at the moment. I tried to see if they could get the v12's, kdw's and nothing for at least a week. Only other option was kuhmos and I couldn't do them again. They were okay for around town tire but they sucked for the price. I had to get a set of them last time, all they had at the time readily avail and I needed to go to work the nxt day.
So dude just called me and said he will have my tires by 3pm this afternoon.

Looks like you have a little toe out instead of toe in, It will burn off the inside edge like that every time.

STONER-X

Reaction score
My truck has done that to the tires since day one.... Little worse now that I have my 20's and lowered... I wand to get my tires swapped on my rims (d2p &p2d) since they are directional... Then get a realignment..

dramad1

Reaction score
I will be picking up 2 more tires nxt week and then getting the alignment redone. So far the new tires feel great in the rear.
As soon as I finished having the tires installed I had to go bed in my brakes. Seems to have went well. I did about 6-7 pulls from 35-5mph light-moderate braking then another 6-7 pulls 45-5mph moderate to hard braking and then parked it to let them cool down. Transfer layer looks good.
Took it for a Spin this morning and the brakes are working great. Now I need to install my ss lines front and rear. finally. I've had them sitting in my closet for about a year now along with 3qts of motul rbf 6xx.

Top Bottom