Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hows oregon..?

x8o8runner2012

Reaction score
Hey whats up folks, planning on moving from hawaii to oregon.....most likely going to be living in the portland area of oregon and debating whether or not i should bring up my 2012 x runner, not to sure how the weather is year round.....obviously its not going to be anywhere near hawaii's weather ........but how is it???

Also what kind of vehicle inspections are there in oregon.....in hawaii we have our safety check every year and recon......but is it just smog in oregon???

And what am i looking to pay for reg. In oregon?? Hawaii's reg. Is based on weight but ive been hearing that some states are based off of the year of the vehicle????

Thanks

FN5.7

Reaction score
87 dollars to register i believe. i live in lebanon oregon. lots of rain. lots of drifting events in portland. lots of cool cool stuff man. portlands road system is really difficult to navigate. good luck bro. i love it here. my favorite state so far.

x8o8runner2012

Reaction score
87 dollars to register i believe. i live in lebanon oregon. lots of rain. lots of drifting events in portland. lots of cool cool stuff man. portlands road system is really difficult to navigate. good luck bro. i love it here. my favorite state so far.

would you suggest i bring my x runner or should i maybe buy a 4x4 there

FN5.7

Reaction score
keep the x. unless u dont want it anymore. but theres really no reason why youd have to sell it. i have a friend named devon who moved here from hawaii and he loves it here. just buy an old toyota pu from the 80s if you want a 4x4 for the woods.

Shortgun

Reaction score
I lived in Portland for 6 years before i moved back home to hawaii. Miss it like hell and wanna move back one day. But from what i remember it was about $87ish for registration but that was for 2 years, unlike here where its over $300/year. I dont think reg was based on weight but you do have to go to the DEQ where they do the emissions test. There is no safety check or recon which is nice.
As for weather, it rains most of the year. The summer is nice tho where the sun is up till super late. During the winter tho, tring to wash your truck is gonna suck. Water was cold as hell. Maybe you'll get used to it but i sure as hell never did.

FN5.7

Reaction score
haha, nope. never get used to it. the river is alot of fun as long as you dont fall in it.

x8o8runner2012

Reaction score
I lived in Portland for 6 years before i moved back home to hawaii. Miss it like hell and wanna move back one day. But from what i remember it was about $87ish for registration but that was for 2 years, unlike here where its over $300/year. I dont think reg was based on weight but you do have to go to the DEQ where they do the emissions test. There is no safety check or recon which is nice.
As for weather, it rains most of the year. The summer is nice tho where the sun is up till super late. During the winter tho, tring to wash your truck is gonna suck. Water was cold as hell. Maybe you'll get used to it but i sure as hell never did.

thanks for the good info......looking at condos there too and they look nice alot cheaper than the waikiki condos, if you dont mind me asking why did you move back.....?

Shortgun

Reaction score
i moved back cause i finished school and pearl harbor offered me a job before anyone else did. kinda wish i waited but it is what it is. What part of portland are you looking at? Beaverton get choke 808 peeps and get a few places that get local food.
Oh and btw portland has the most strip clubs per capita in the nation ;)

x8o8runner2012

Reaction score
i moved back cause i finished school and pearl harbor offered me a job before anyone else did. Kinda wish i waited but it is what it is. What part of portland are you looking at? Beaverton get choke 808 peeps and get a few places that get local food.
Oh and btw portland has the most strip clubs per capita in the nation ;)

lmao!!! Thinking about pearl district or anywhere in portland area, but places in pearl looks nice

Shortgun

Reaction score
Pearl district is nice. Kinda pricey compared to other areas but its still better than most places here. parking isnt the greatest either. but get choke bars w/in walking distance

kenneth206

Reaction score
I love driving my X up here in Seattle. When the roads are wet you can really put the traction control to the test haha. Also, there are some nice windy mountainous roads round here that are awesome for day trip driving.

XBlue

Reaction score
I live out east of portland towards to the gorge and i love it here, We get a trace of snow once in a while during the winter but mostly rain. You get all the seasons here and if you snowboard or whatever mt.hood is about a hour away.

Keep us posted if you do move here, ill show you around. I love about 15 minutes from the pearl

Top Bottom