Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

I<3JDM TRD S/C Boost begins!

should I wait for aftermarket add ons or install TRD S/C asap

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I<3JDM

Reaction score
Its been finally done...Thanks to the tax return money I got, I finally made the choice of getting the TRD S/C. I couldnt pass up the offer especially the great shipping price to Hawaii.

Breakdown-
TRD S/C with fit kit = $3,824.99
s.gif

s.gif
s.gif

Shipping to Hawaii = $125.00
Total = $3,949.99

So under $4 grand sounds like a deal to me. Ive looked everywhere and compared shipping prices and nothing came close to this seller.

Heres the link...http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-2005-20...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item4843f34036

Hawaii peps know that shipping to here is a PITA. The most I got quoted for was $534.00... I scratched my head :hmmmm2: and thought he was crazy :stupid: then I laughed and told him :laugh: "I could get a plane ticket there and pick it up myself" :argh:.

So it will be here next week. I cant wait.

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Awesomeness man!!! Build up that boost!!!!

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Well its up to u. i want to get the most out of my TRD S/C so once i get all the parts then i will put it in. but its up to u. If your not gonna change the pulley on the nose then throw it on man!! If so wait.. Im gonna have a URD 2.8 pulley for sale once i get my snout back from APR.

I<3JDM

Reaction score
Well its up to u. i want to get the most out of my TRD S/C so once i get all the parts then i will put it in. but its up to u. If your not gonna change the pulley on the nose then throw it on man!! If so wait.. Im gonna have a URD 2.8 pulley for sale once i get my snout back from APR.

Lmk when your sellin the URD pulley, if its a good deal im down.

quick question, if I do wait for the pulleys then add them on, would there be a problem with the ecu reflash after?

Last edited:

Whitebeauty

Reaction score

quick question, if I do wait for the pulleys then add them on, would there be a problem with the ecu reflash after?

If you mean the NST ones then no that was there intention. If u mean the upper i believe not either.
ok on the pulley whats your zip?

Last edited:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score

ECU reflash doesn't care if your if your stock or heavily modded. All it does is reflash the computer for bigger injectors, + new timing/load maps.

I went in for the reflash with, no cats, long tube headers, 2.8 pulley pre-installed, CAI, 2.5 y pipe, no rear 02 sensors...etc...lol

Only do the 2.8 pulley or NST lower. not both. The trd injectors max out with anything more and you will run lean. If you dont have the URD fuel pump upgrade, do it now b4 you upgrade the pullys. :top:

SooRunner

Reaction score
I would try to get the parts I would want in the future...maybe DTLT Headers?

I'm not sure how hard it is to yank out the TRD blower say later down the line you decide to pickup the DTLT....

I just hate doing the same job twice...for example...I got powder coated valve covers after I installed my S/C...now my valve covers are just sitting in the garage cuz I don't want to yank out all the stuff again just to install the valve cover....If I knew I was going to get a set of valve cover I would of installed it all at the same time when I was installing my S/C.:stupid:

Congrats on the purchase!

xrgilly

Reaction score
nice... i think I've spent enough on my truck this summer so far and still have headers mafcal and rotor bbk to install

maybe boost will arrive in the spring

mixplate_xr

Reaction score
Its been finally done...Thanks to the tax return money I got, I finally made the choice of getting the TRD S/C. I couldnt pass up the offer especially the great shipping price to Hawaii.

Breakdown-
TRD S/C with fit kit = $3,824.99
s.gif

s.gif
s.gif

Shipping to Hawaii = $125.00
Total = $3,949.99

So under $4 grand sounds like a deal to me. Ive looked everywhere and compared shipping prices and nothing came close to this seller.

Heres the link...http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-2005-20...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item4843f34036

Hawaii peps know that shipping to here is a PITA. The most I got quoted for was $534.00... I scratched my head :hmmmm2: and thought he was crazy :stupid: then I laughed and told him :laugh: "I could get a plane ticket there and pick it up myself" :argh:.

So it will be here next week. I cant wait.

That's an amazing price for shipping to Hawaii. I think I need to change my underwear out.

Murderface

Reaction score
No need to yank the blower just to install long tubes. Add as u go that's what I did

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
ECU reflash doesn't care if your if your stock or heavily modded. All it does is reflash the computer for bigger injectors, + new timing/load maps.

I went in for the reflash with, no cats, long tube headers, 2.8 pulley pre-installed, CAI, 2.5 y pipe, no rear 02 sensors...etc...lol

Only do the 2.8 pulley or NST lower. not both. The trd injectors max out with anything more and you will run lean. If you dont have the URD fuel pump upgrade, do it now b4 you upgrade the pullys. :top:

Unless you do that one nifty little trick. Then the injectors might last with a little more boost. :crinklehair: Shh, don't tell them.

JiNsEiGaNaI

Reaction score
Dang! Almost too gud to be true! Congrats though! I cant wait to see it

I<3JDM

Reaction score

good to know Ill keep that in mind, yeah Ive been lookin at the URD fuel pump, thanks for the info!

I would try to get the parts I would want in the future...maybe DTLT Headers?

I'm not sure how hard it is to yank out the TRD blower say later down the line you decide to pickup the DTLT....

I just hate doing the same job twice...for example...I got powder coated valve covers after I installed my S/C...now my valve covers are just sitting in the garage cuz I don't want to yank out all the stuff again just to install the valve cover....If I knew I was going to get a set of valve cover I would of installed it all at the same time when I was installing my S/C.:stupid:

Congrats on the purchase!

yeah man I know what you mean, I hate to do the same job twice. Im tryin to plan this out so I have less time in the garage. Painting or polishing the valve covers sounds like agood idea since there will be room to do the job

Last edited:

I<3JDM

Reaction score
That's an amazing price for shipping to Hawaii. I think I need to change my underwear out.

Yeah man, when I got the shipping price quote I had to retype my zip code to make sure it was $125.00. good deal!

No need to yank the blower just to install long tubes. Add as u go that's what I did

is anyone running the TRD S/C with JBA long tubes?

Dang! Almost too gud to be true! Congrats though! I cant wait to see it

thanks man :top:

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Murderface has JBA long tubes with his s/c.

xrunish

Reaction score
congratz on the great deal, hey I<3JDM i saw your truck at ala moana mall last year when i was in hawaii, the splitter looks dope and set up looks great.. i hpoe this year when i head up to hawaii 808 xr's can set up that meet

Moneyblind

Reaction score
Nice deal man! Still shoulda gone URD, but hey, TRD is badass too!

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Hey Bud. Bad news. Apparently when you pull off the URD pulley it gets all screwed up from the puller. Just got off the phone with APR and yeah its pretty bent up he said. I will send u some pics if u like. Sucks i was lookin forward to hookin u up with that.

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
Hey Bud. Bad news. Apparently when you pull off the URD pulley it gets all screwed up from the puller. Just got off the phone with APR and yeah its pretty bent up he said. I will send u some pics if u like. Sucks i was lookin forward to hookin u up with that.

That happens. When the shop took off my 2.7" pulley it got all bent up :thumbdown: It sucks cause that pulley was worth quite a bit of money:motz:

Top Bottom