Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

I HAVENT YET got my Xrunner

Camaroguy579

Reaction score
I live in Jacksonville, FL. I found this site from a bunch of guys on customtacos.com.

The Xrunner is my dream truck. I have one as my background on everything electronic that I have.
The reason I do not have one yet is I am a 20 year old college student, and in no way could afford the payments.

But I look forward to contributing to this site in whatever way I can(which will mainly be sarcasm).

I like reading about other peoples Xrunners, and cannot wait until the day i get my red one.

I do have a question though. The only thing that worries me is all the transmission problems I have read about on the Xrunners. Do they mainly go out depending on the driver? Or just all 05's and 06's? Should I get an 07' rather than the other years? I know all 3 years are the same pretty much, but I havent read as many problems with the tranny on the 07's.

Thanks a lot

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
First off - welcome to XR-U! X-Runner or not, you're more than welcome to hang out here and glean information from everyone here - there's lots of guys (and gals) with lots of experience with the truck.

I personally have not had any true problems with the tranny and I have a RR (Radiant Red) 2006. The shift gates aren't quite as smooth as I would like them to be, but otherwise no problems here. I'm just about to hit 12,000 miles on mine.

Hope this puts your mind at ease somewhat.

X-Rizzo

Reaction score
Hey brotha welcome to the family. And like Klint said, you're more than welcome whether you own one or not.:top:

As for tranny issues, I have an 05 RR and have never had any tranny problems. It was only in a few of the early 05's and maybe 06's. I don't think you have anything to worry about, especially since Toyota knows about the problem and they are pretty good about fixing it.

morcheez

Reaction score
welcome to the site...and i also have an 05 with no tranny problems

SWB X

Reaction score
not one problem......(great no I'm screwed:ahhhhh: )

rpmspeedyblue

Reaction score
welcome. I have a 05 with 18k on it and no problems with the tranny yet.

DOGO X

Reaction score
Welcome I have an 05 Red, I don't have any tranny issue. :top:

07xrunner

Reaction score
welcome :beer: 07 swb and no tranny problems either

XRobber

Reaction score
I drive harder then most people, and I have an 05 with ZERO tranny problems. The shifting was a little rough in the beginning, but I changed my tranny oil to Redline, and it made a night and day difference.

Spyder327

Reaction score
my '05 was produced 12/04....

32k miles on it, almost 10k of them with boost now, no tranny problems here :top:

Camaroguy579

Reaction score
All that is really good to hear. A lot of the guys on customtacos.com reported a lot of tranny problems. One guy said he was on his 3rd Tranny!

There is an 06' RR Xrunner here with 9,000 miles for about $25k(which would definetly be talked down to a lower price).That was the first one i sat in. I felt like a kid in it, it wasnt even running and i was shifting gears pretending haha.

DOGSTOY06

Banned
Reaction score
Welcome to the house of madness & modification! good people and tons of info.I have a 06 bsp with 40,000 miles ,not one tranny issue.:top:

BSP 05 X-Runner

Reaction score
Welcome to XR-U.. :top: .. I have a 05 with 23,000 on it and no tranny problems :rock:

05Xrunner

Reaction score
I have an 05 with 11,000 miles and zero problems.
I kinda forget I even have the truck..LOL It hasnt been out of the garage in 4 or 5months....I forget what its like to even drive it. Sure is gonna be nice feeling when its spring and I can take it out and going from my 150hp 2.7 taco to the XR.

fbjxr

Reaction score
'05 just hit 30,000mi and no tranny problems here either... Knock on wood!!!

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score
no problem here...just waste so much gas...from light to light 60mph :laugh:

nctourer

Reaction score
All that is really good to hear. A lot of the guys on customtacos.com reported a lot of tranny problems. One guy said he was on his 3rd Tranny!

There is an 06' RR Xrunner here with 9,000 miles for about $25k(which would definetly be talked down to a lower price).That was the first one i sat in. I felt like a kid in it, it wasnt even running and i was shifting gears pretending haha.

06 with no tranny issues.
As for the guy at CT on his third tranny - makes me wonder if its all the tranny's fault :dontknow:

Top Bottom