Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

I need cop help

XRunnerDevil07

The black rocket scientist mac guy
Reaction score
I got a speeding ticket for going 66 in a 45 but he reduced it to 55 in a 45. My question is that in arizona, doesn't the officer have to be in sight so you have the time to slow down? Because he had no parking lights or reflectors or anything and I think that was crap. Should I fight it or take the stupid driving course?

Anyone ideas?

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
at least he reduced it for you bro...he didn't have to do that...you got lucky there...

if this is your 1st offense you can take the driving school and there shouldn't be any points put on your record and it should be reduced to a non-moving violation of some sort...

good luck and keep us posted...

Rat Rod

"Blade"
Reaction score
they can get away with whatever they want but they are not allowed to break traffic rles without there lights or siren on

4VsX

Reaction score
Nice Cop! :top: Reduced your ticket.

X_Less

Reaction score
Are you serious?... You think they HAVE to be in plain sight so you can SLOW down?.

No, They can be up in the freaking tree's with a radar gun. Thats what speed traps are. The only reason they are often in plain sight is because it's hard to hide a huge crown vic on the side of the freeway.

You got caught, there's nothing you can do but contest the ticket and hope he doesn't show up. You have no case if he shows up.

gen2crvtec

Reaction score
no, OP your right i read on the interwebs somewhere that they have to have their lights on, and a sign 50 yrds before on both sides of traffic telling you theres a cop hiding and to slow down, ill find the link and post it

WCD

Reaction score
no, OP your right i read on the interwebs somewhere that they have to have their lights on, and a sign 50 yrds before on both sides of traffic telling you theres a cop hiding and to slow down, ill find the link and post it

:laugh::top:

lamecargo

Reaction score
sick burn......10 over the speed limit isnt bad take the course get it off the record and get a radar detector.....there is your worning right there......happy speeding :top:

rich017

Reaction score

Thats when there are speed cameras....

AND when there is that van with speed cameras and cops in it, they have signs saying there are speed cameras ahead and to slow down

X_Less

Reaction score
Thats when there are speed cameras....

AND when there is that van with speed cameras and cops in it, they have signs saying there are speed cameras ahead and to slow down

Only reason there are signs for speed camera's because they are owned and operated by a outsourced company. They cannot issue you a ticket without warning.

Now if the camera's were city owned by the police department, then a warning would not be needed... Aswell as it's very controversial getting a ticket by a camera without your signature... But that's not the OP's case.

rios

Reaction score

i get it now haha....

Last edited:

WCD

Reaction score
Damn I guess some didn't get the joke :ahhhhh:

rios

Reaction score
sorry, haha, a tiny bit touchy at the moment

LunarX

Reaction score
Are you serious?... You think they HAVE to be in plain sight so you can SLOW down?.

No, They can be up in the freaking tree's with a radar gun. Thats what speed traps are. The only reason they are often in plain sight is because it's hard to hide a huge crown vic on the side of the freeway.

You got caught, there's nothing you can do but contest the ticket and hope he doesn't show up. You have no case if he shows up.

Wrong....there's plenty of ways to get out of tickets.

Here's one way i got out of my 95mph speeding ticket at court. Bear with this long story, it may be useful for your situation.

Scenario:

I was heading towards butt f*ck egypt to do a side job in Palm Springs, CA. It was already 9pm and i was late 2 hrs as it was and it takes 1hr to get there from my apartment so i decided to bring the speed up to compensate for lost time. Im doin about 105mph on a 70. Cop sees me on the side of the road and runs after me(i saw him in the middle of finishing a ticket and he runs to his cop car and hauls ass to catch up to me). Obviously i saw him do this so i slowed down immediately to 65mph and he finally catches up and we both pull over after his lights turn on.
He asks me how fast i think i was goin and I say "i dunno, im pretty sure i was doing about 65mph". He laughed and then started throwin a fit out of no where. I calmly said "well if you feel different about my opinion then write me the ticket and we'll settle this at court". He writes me the ticket and we go about our ways.

Court Day:

So i show up to court and wait HOURS to see the judge after the second time to court (the first time you show up to court is to plead not guilty). I give my short speach on how my ticket was inaccurate and the judge says "what do you mean inaccurate?". I say "well, first off, the officer didnt put his serial number of the radar number on my ticket". So i look at the officer and ask him "did you use a radar gun to clock the speed i acheived here on this ticket? And if so, when was it calbrated last, because if i check this unknown serial numbered radar gun, im sure its calibrated inaccurate". The officer replies, "i used a lidar gun". So i shake my head and say, "ok".
The previous day before this day i got a ticket for a no front license plate (stick with me, its gonna make sense why i made this quick statement). So i asked the officer again "so if you used a lidar gun, how does it operate? How does a lidar gun work??" The officer quickly explains " well, it uses a beam of red light that is supposed to be pointed to the front license plate of the vehicle and it returns a light signal back which tells the gun how fast you were going". So i said, "so how is it possible that you determined i was going approx. 95mph when i had a ticket the previous day for having no front license plate??".

The judge dismissed the case and chewed out the officer. The judge actually told him he ought to find a new career with the sloppyness of this case and the lack of proper judgement.

X_Less

Reaction score
You jumped the gun to fast to say my statement was false... The OP got caught in a SPEED TRAP, Your cop was out of the vehicle finishing off a ticket so he didn't have the proper equipment set up unlike the OPs. You're story is a tad irrelevant to this thread unless the OP has proof of no plate, a lidar was used or the cop didn't put a serial number on the radar gun which i doubt is the case.

LunarX

Reaction score
X_Less, all the above happened. It didnt even matter if he was posted in a speed trap. He didnt provide a serial number for the radar. I didnt have a front plate for him to use a lidar gun, and he didnt stand a chance with me period. Im not sure how they do things in your part of CA, but by here near LA, they literally have a quota to meet. They dont have time to setup a trap and wait to see what happens. Most cops are lazy with correct procedures, and the others are young bucks whom lack experience. Any cops that fall in between that category are the ones you pray and hopefully dont pulled over by.

It was simply one example. There is a book of other ways to get out of speeding tickets. A 95mph ticket is surely one i needed to get out of.

BTW, it was Highway Patrol that pulled me over. Even harder to get out of. They're txt book babies.

thebenmack

Reaction score
I got a speeding ticket for going 66 in a 45 but he reduced it to 55 in a 45. My question is that in arizona, doesn't the officer have to be in sight so you have the time to slow down? Because he had no parking lights or reflectors or anything and I think that was crap. Should I fight it or take the stupid driving course?

Anyone ideas?

negative man.you dont have to see them

trd_sport

Reaction score
This is what I usually do........and thats usually what happens lol.
http://[youtube]IAD9hDMfrH8[/youtube]

X_Less

Reaction score
X_Less, all the above happened. It didnt even matter if he was posted in a speed trap. He didnt provide a serial number for the radar. I didnt have a front plate for him to use a lidar gun, and he didnt stand a chance with me period. Im not sure how they do things in your part of CA, but by here near LA, they literally have a quota to meet. They dont have time to setup a trap and wait to see what happens. Most cops are lazy with correct procedures, and the others are young bucks whom lack experience. Any cops that fall in between that category are the ones you pray and hopefully dont pulled over by.

It was simply one example. There is a book of other ways to get out of speeding tickets. A 95mph ticket is surely one i needed to get out of.

BTW, it was Highway Patrol that pulled me over. Even harder to get out of. They're txt book babies.

I'm not doubting the legitimacy of your story. But it won't help the OP.

You're CHP officer was not prepared and based your speed off judgement. No lidar was really used, obvioulsy no radar was used and he didn't pace you as you slowed down as soon as he got in the car... You just got lucky.

OP on the other hand was caught in a properly set up speed trap, which obviously was proved successfull.

I know about quotas and know alot about the law... I'm not an angel with 5 points on my record... But I worked for the Oakland Police Dept. for 2 years and often talked about my little run ins... as they were at the time recent as i got 4 of the 5 points going to work :thumpdown:.

Top Bottom