Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

i think shes blowed up......

kfxpro32

Reaction score
well i'm not sure but today i let my lil brother drive my truck for his high school homecoming and we live on bout a half mile of gravel and i watched him idle down to the end followed him into town bout another mile..... then he rolled into a church parking lot.... it started knocking and pinging really loud... it would coast with the clutch in but when you let it out it binds up and bogs down no power..... and the worst part is... i have a URD s/c but before i installed toyota said it would not void warranty as long as i did nothing to the internals.... so what do you think???

kfxpro32

Reaction score
No check engine lights?

yea but just the norm from a MAF sensor and thats it.... oil was all good and stuff... i was gonna change it tomorrow but not now... let toyota deal with it i guess.... they can pay the tow bill...

VIPDreamin

"Mr. Incredible"
Reaction score
Um maf sensor? thats gonna make yur truck run in limp mode man...im having an issue with mine as we speak....ive blown up 4

You best pull that kit off if you want the dealer to cover it....

kfxpro32

Reaction score
ok, I figured you had AFR too

no i ain't had the money to get one... but i can tell if its runnin rich/lean by the exhaust usually and i like it to be a little rich to be safe.....

rich017

Reaction score
no i ain't had the money to get one... but i can tell if its runnin rich/lean by the exhaust usually and i like it to be a little rich to be safe.....

I would take that stuff off before it goes to the dealer

trd_sport

Reaction score
you dont want it too rich tho.

VIPDreamin

"Mr. Incredible"
Reaction score
Im concerned where you are saying a maf code. Ive been blowing mafs up and when i do my truck pops and bangs then jumps to limp mode with complete power loss...

kfxpro32

Reaction score
Im concerned where you are saying a maf code. Ive been blowing mafs up and when i do my truck pops and bangs then jumps to limp mode with complete power loss...
the sensor just screws up or something so i pull it and clean it and reset the computer and it goes off for bout 2 months and comes back on....

VIPDreamin

"Mr. Incredible"
Reaction score
Ive had that kit on and off almost 3 times...its not that bad a new motor is 14k now that pretty bad!

kfxpro32

Reaction score
well did this happen after he tuned it?

he tuned it when we put the s/c on bout a year ago cuz it was runnin way rich... turnin my rear end black...

Ive had that kit on and off almost 3 times...its not that bad a new motor is 14k now that pretty bad!

yea but i have less than 20k miles on the motor..... it should be warranty right... especially if its internal....

Last edited:

VIPDreamin

"Mr. Incredible"
Reaction score
he tuned it when we put the s/c on bout a year ago cuz it was runnin way rich... turnin my rear end black...

yea but i have less than 20k miles on the motor..... it should be warranty right... especially if its internal....

Not with that blower on there man take it off trust me...if u r trying to warranty that motor and its truly the issue which i dont think it is theyll luagh at you.

If your CEL is not on and blinking at your your motor is ok and more then likely stuck in limp mode. Usually a severe engine problem will give you the flashing cel of death

kfxpro32

Reaction score
Not with that blower on there man take it off trust me...if u r trying to warranty that motor and its truly the issue which i dont think it is theyll luagh at you.

If your CEL is not on and blinking at your your motor is ok and more then likely stuck in limp mode. Usually a severe engine problem will give you the flashing cel of death

yea but i asked toyota before i bought the blower if it would void anything on teh motor and they said no as long as i don't modify internals..... and i don't wanna have to screw with the 7th injector and undo the piggy back cpu

rich017

Reaction score
are you kidding? They will void the whole damn engine and tranny with a blower. lol!

trd_sport

Reaction score
if they said that get it in writing.....they prolly said it would be no problem so that they could screw you if you ever had to bring it in....or they are nice guys.

are you sure its knocking?

kfxpro32

Reaction score
Top Bottom